Dudley may have been sold...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I noticed yesterday that Empire-Cycle in Spokane no longer has Dudley listed among their pre-owned inventory. I wonder if they sold it or just gave up.

I don't think they gave up, not in this market. Almost surely, it sold.

I see up Hamilton, nearby, there's a dealer advertising an NT on CL...$5500.

I didn't pull it up to find mileage - I was just taking down my own ad and entertaining myself after I did. But that's a thousand over what the KBB price of two years ago was. It's $1100 more than I paid for mine - and mine only had 5500 miles on it.

FWIW, it might be worth a Fly-N-Ride if someone wants one. This one is barely broken in, with 3500 miles on it. ABS and heated grips - the ad says the previous owner is selling due to age. Or, perhaps, death.

Last of a vanishing breed...

At which dealer is this bike located?

My next door neighbor (He has 6 bikes) said one local dealer said they couldnt get anything new till August. I went to the largest dealer near me to their website and their new and used inventory is way down. What the heck is happening? I went to cycle trader and I would say low milage 2010 NTs (3,000 to 10,000) are $4100-4900...they have gone up. The CB 500 series and the NC750 series are still plentiful between $65oo and $8000. You would have to swallow hard and pay $5500 cause you REALLY wanted an NT. Heck, for $8000 you can get a 2014 VFR with 1100 miles on it.
Maybe the NT is becoming a cult bike..... ...

I went to my powersports dealer today to see what was happening with my own eyes. Sure enough, inventory was way down. New and used.

Honda shafties have a stable value. Honda has a reputation for quality - a reputation they're starting to abuse a little, in this era - and shaft-driven bikes are viewed as easier to maintain.

As I came to understand with my 1984 Nighthawk, that's a logical error. NO old piece of equipment is going to be easy on maintenance. And only a mechanic or a lottery winner will travel great distances with something that qualifies for Historical plates.

But, the NT Deauville isn't in that category yet. What is reasonably sure, is that prices were probably as close to the bottom as they'll go. It won't be like some other brands and models, a $16K bike reduced to $2000 value in ten years, and then basically to Goodwill pricing as the years go on.

So, as older machines go, the NT is probably a safer buy.
One thing the VFR Euro crew and NT crew is finding is that some Honda shops dont want to work on anything over 10 years old in some cases, but alot of those across the pond work on their own bikes.
I still think its odd that all these used bikes are being snarffed up from the dealers as well as bikes like the Versys...I am not seeing them on the road.....

It would be interesting to know comparative sales figures for NTs, V-Stroms, and Versyses (whatever the plural for Versys would be :) ). I never see them on the road either. I think that except for when I've been at a rally or riding near or to and from a rally, I've seen maybe 3 NTs on the road.

It would be interesting to know comparative sales figures for NTs, V-Stroms, and Versyses (whatever the plural for Versys would be :) ). I never see them on the road either. I think that except for when I've been at a rally or riding near or to and from a rally, I've seen maybe 3 NTs on the road.
Many more V-stroms have been sold than Nts and I do see those, but yes, I have seen only a handful or two of NTs.

Many more V-stroms have been sold than Nts and I do see those, but yes, I have seen only a handful or two of NTs.
I'm sure you're right about relative sales numbers since the Wee-Strom sold for many more years.

Back
Top Bottom