Dudley

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Empire Sports in Spokane finally has listed Dudley on their used bike page. It's popped on and off a couple of times, but has never had a price put on it and they've always said it was waiting for their mechanics to get it ready. I guess it's ready, even if they didn't post any pictures except for Honda's stock '10 ABS photo. They're asking $2499 for it. They say it's "higher mileage but it runs like a Honda! Great commuter."

When they sell it, it would be interesting to know what they take for it.

I had asked Kevin, the sales manager, after it disappeared from their list of used inventory the first time what they were doing with it. He said they were so busy selling new bikes that their service department just hadn't had time to get to it to prepare it for sale. I asked him if they'd auction it and he said that they wouldn't. According to Kevin, they don't auction bikes because they can usually come out ahead and they were confidant they'd sell it but they weren't in any rush since it wasn't costing them anything. I'm sure they'd sell it for less than asking price. As near as I can figure, if they get $1-1.5K, they'll come out OK.

After trading in my NT it sat at the dealer for 6 months before it was sold. They are a large multi brand dealership in a fairly large metropolitan area. I met the guy that eventually bought it and gave him some of the original equipment that I had upgraded, the service manual and some spares I had. He was in his 30’s and this was his first motorcycle.
Note: they gave me the KBB trade in value of $3,300 for it. I thought that was fair. I rode in with a well used 10 year old motorcycle and rode out with a new one.

Last edited:
I traded mine June of last year and the dealer still has it. It is a small multi brand dealer. I've only seen one other NT around here.
His advertised price varies some but is about what they gave me for trade in value.

Brad

I had asked Kevin, the sales manager, after it disappeared from their list of used inventory the first time what they were doing with it. He said they were so busy selling new bikes that their service department just hadn't had time to get to it to prepare it for sale. I asked him if they'd auction it and he said that they wouldn't. According to Kevin, they don't auction bikes because they can usually come out ahead and they were confidant they'd sell it but they weren't in any rush since it wasn't costing them anything. I'm sure they'd sell it for less than asking price. As near as I can figure, if they get $1-1.5K, they'll come out OK.

DANG - $1500 USD (let's see now.....that's only about $14,000 Canadian at the current rate of exchange....) - YEAH BABY - even I could afford that!

Now....where the he!! is Colorado....?

......soooo many states....soooo small.......

P

DANG - $1500 USD (let's see now.....that's only about $14,000 Canadian at the current rate of exchange....) - YEAH BABY - even I could afford that!

P

Washington State.

Ya really want it?

There are outfits that ship. Some of them are pretty reasonable, or appear to be.

One used mega-dealer I bought from, eleven years ago, Road Track & Trail out of Wisconsin, does a lot of internet business. They say they can ship a bike anywhere in the US for about $300.

Of course you're a bit away and in Canukistan; but you could always pick it up at Niagara Falls. Is this a subsidized price for RTT? Don't know. You could look on their website, see who it is, make some calls.

Great suggestion JPT - but I'd have it shipped to Detroit as I am about 9km (around 5.5 miles) south of the bridge.

The real problem is getting over the bridge - while not being able to go into the US myself. This is such a PITA.....

P

Pete, the dealership is Empire Sport in Spokane, WA.

My local Honda dealer had a used, scuffed NT for sale for years, repeatedly advertising it as having ABS, which it didn't, and with price close to US 7000. Needless to say . . .

Tom
Miyammi, Floriduh

My local Honda dealer had a used, scuffed NT for sale for years, repeatedly advertising it as having ABS, which it didn't, and with price close to US 7000. Needless to say . . .

Tom
Miyammi, Floriduh

Well....no wonder it didn't sell. The problems come when a bike is bought for too much money - and then the seller tries to recover their sunk-cost.

Anything - a bike, a house, a car, a toaster...is worth what the market says its worth - which may be quite different from what the owner is asking.

Tom
Miyammi, Floriduh
I spent a lot of time, flew to TX and cherry picked my 2011 NT Pearl Black ABS with 6000 miles on it, Then shipped it to Niagara border and paid $1000 USD to a nice hard working professional. My bike came all the up here on an enclosed trailer in 2 days. Imported my bike to Ontario and here I am enjoying every bit of it.

A Pinto Squire wagon, with the wood trim.

Sounds a bit like the Illinois Nazi car on the Blues Brothers...... ;)

1616682436952.png

1616682639672.png

...and yes JPT, I have also seen cases where a car dealer simply wouldn't budge off their asking price for reasons related to their history with that vehicle.

The thing is - the past is the past and most purchasers only look (and will pay for) the future of a vehicle.

Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom