Dunflop Roadsmart 2 intro ride

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Motorcycle.com has a review of the new Roadsmart 2. Dunlop had gotten an assortment of bikes for the intro and among them were things like the Concours 14, the K1600LT, and, naturally, the NT700v.

Link if you have it since I don't seem to be able to find it myself please. I have Road Smart version 1 which have worked well so far.

Thanks. Hope I can wear out the ones I have and try the new series. Looks like it is going to take a lot of miles to do so.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
It was a glowing review. When the time comes to replace the tires on Scoot, I am seriously leaning towards the Dunlops. Scoot has about 6K on him now and I estimate that at about 12K he will need new tires. The guys in the UK forum really like the Avon Storm II so I will look at them as well. I will probably hit the 12K mark somewheres about June so I have some time yet.

Mike

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Would be nice to see a tire test where an assortment of tires go head to head.
New tires are almost always better than lumpy worn out ones regardless of brand. Everything made by man is a compromise. How you use the stuff makes one or the other better suited to you.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Would be nice to see a tire test where an assortment of tires go head to head.
"Bike," the British magazine that is my favorite motorcycle rag, has done that. They haven't done a sport-touring tire comparo in a couple of year and nearly everyone has revised their tire lineup since then. When the did, the original Roadsmart was their favorite.

They have a page rating tires, and the BT-023 is their current favorite sport-touring tire, but the Roadsmart 2 and the Pilot Road 3 are waiting in the wings for more information about tire life.

Top Bottom