[Review] Dunlop Roadsmart 2 Progress Report

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I just tuned the 10K mile mark on my Dunlop Road Smart 2's and I have to say that so far, I'm very impressed. The OE Bridgstones lasted about 8K miles but the Dunlops are still going strong. The new rear Roadsmart has 9/32" tread and I'm now at 7/32' and the front had 6/32" tread new and I'm now at 4/32", so I see these tires easily going 20K miles before replacement. I traveled in some rainy conditions and they have always been sure-footed. If your looking for a performance review however, I'm not the one to ask as I am a quite conservative (read, chicken) rider although when I went to "play" at the Tail of the Dragon this summer they did a fine job. All in all, based upon my experience so far I would highly recommend these tires and when the time comes to replace 'em, another set of Dunlops are going right back on Traveller.

MIke

I have a new pair on and hope to get your kind of milage. Got 14k out of the RoadSmart original-would have had more except for a nail-after wearing the BS20 out in 12k-actually they were gone in 8k but with tread left. One thing I noticed was the wear in on the RS2 was exciting. Guess I got some very new tires from the factory since for the first 50 miles or so they were very slimey-much more so than any tire I have had in a long time. Thereafter they have felt good. Hope the front does not get the valleys on either side of the center compound like the first set. Certainly looked odd. Felt OK but was never as confident with them when this developed about 10k in.

Top Bottom