Dunlop Roadsmart 2 Update

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
This morning I gave Traveller a much need bath and detail. After cleaning, I measured the tread depth on the Dunlops I installed in May. Based upon the new tread depth vs the current tread depth after 5450 miles, if the tread wears linearly from this point on, I can expect to get about 21,800 miles from the front tire and 19, 075 from the rear tire. This is a far cry from the 8550 that I got from the OE Bridgestones. So far I'm very pleased with the Dunlops.

Mike

The OEM tires on our NT's are hyper sport or race tires for the street. Race tires tend to have lifespans measured in hours and most of us got a lot of hours out of the stock tires. Thanks for sharing you experience with the roadsmart 2's nice to have some real experience with the different brands available when it comes time to choose the next set.

Thanks for the update. The Dunlops weren't on my short list of possible replacement tires - till now.

Well, it's time for the final update on my original set of Roadsmart 2's that I installed at 8K when the OE Bridgestones were worn out. I now have 32K on Traveller and am replacing the front tire tomorrow. 24K life for the front tire ain't too shabby and it will be replaced with another Dunlop Roadsmart 2. The rear tire had a puncture when it had 8K on it and I repaired it with a mushroom plug. It went another 10K with the mushroom plug and began to leak. I had a long trip coming up and decided to replace it rather than replug it, but there were still many miles left in it when I replaced it with another Roadsmart 2. As far as performance, I am a year-round rider and have not had a single complaint about handling, traction, etc. I will admit that I am a very cautious, conservative (read, chicken) rider. A lot of the miles are interstate miles and I do have a TPM system which allows me to maintain the TP's meticulously. I know that many riders on this forum are Michelin fans, but IMHO if you are looking for a solid alternative, try the Roadsmart 2's.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom