Electronic cruise control

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I'm a mechanical engineer who didn't do so hot in my electrical classes. Electrical gremlins are the last thing I want to be dealing with. :sneaky:
I am an Electro-mechanical with a machining background, Solidworks and Mastercam. I occasionally get to use my benchtop CNC at home to make my own parts from time to time. It's not as fast as a Haas but gets the job done in about 10 times the run time.

I get to chase sparks and play with cooper spaghetti. Then its, beat to fit, file to clear, and paint to match... :giggle:

SCTH2520[1].JPG

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Buy the tires first!:)
I did install the mccruise kit on my 2010 NT700 many years back. It was pretty straight forward with everything pretty much plug and play. Good instructions and support.
Loaded for Spearfish camping, the limit seems to be 83 mph (80 speed limit hwy) and less if going uphill. I guess the vacuum is the limit. The new kits use an electric actuator.
I would do it again.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I too would do the MC Cruise purchase & install without a second's hesitation. I installed mine in early 2011 and it has been trouble-free all these years. When you have to cover a lot of miles in a day on The Slab, it makes it oh so nice! :)

Last edited:
Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
I've had the MCCruise cruise control system on my NT700V since late 2007 (ie, more than 11 years) and it has been faultless. My NT700V was only the second one ever to have the cruise control system installed and, with the exception of the photo showing a red NT700V, all the other NT700V photos were taken of my bike when MCCruise were installing the cruise control system.

Interestingly at the time it was installed Tony and Frank Guymer said that, in terms of how their cruise control system operated and how well it maintained different set speeds, the NT700V was the best bike they had developed the system for up to that point in time.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Interestingly at the time it was installed Tony and Frank Guymer said that, in terms of how their cruise control system operated and how well it maintained different set speeds, the NT700V was the best bike they had developed the system for up to that point in time.
Must be something about the NT...my Rostra cc on the NT holds speeds better than any car I've had unless there's a steep up-grade and I'm trying to run 75-80mph. Then I'd better downshift or it'll cut the cruise.

Top Bottom