F6B Short ride

MaggieMan

I'm good friends with Mark whose family has the Level 5 Honda dealership that I bought my NT from. I had to run over to Winter Haven yesterday and just stopped in to say hello. They had an F6B demo and asked not if I "wanted" to ride it, but "would" I ride it. Seems when Honda designates or allows them a demo bike they want it ridden!

So I did. Just a short 6 mile loop around the shop. Some in town hwy, some residential twisty bits and about 1 1/2 miles of hwy blast. Bear in mind, up to that point the largest bike I had ever ridden was my Kaw Connie. Most of my other rides have been in the 750 class. The F6B is a BEAST! A monster! Kinda like Godzilla ... only on tranquilizers. Though very well balanced and refined.

I can see how a lot of folks would really love this bike, but it's not my thing. The vast majority of my riding is zipping around town, running errands, short trips under 100 miles, etc. I just don't need 1800cc and 850 pounds to do that. And I certainly don't need to spend $20K! But I will say, if I wanted to start cranking out 600 mile days of tarmac touring on a regular basis, this would be the bike ... with the optional taller windshield, of course.

Scott

tawilke46

I sat on a F6B at our local dealer. I was surprised how little effort it took to get the bike off the side stand for such a large bike.
However at my age and strength level after a kidney transplant, I will stick to a bike no heavier than the NT. I just hope I never have to pick it up by myself
In my younger days, I would have loved having a F6B.........

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I think that the Gold Wing F6B or the fully tricked out one like Sam has, is the penultimate touring machine. I am still partial to the four cylinder variety.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
... The F6B is a BEAST! A monster! Kinda like Godzilla ... only on tranquilizers. Though very well balanced and refined...
It's amazing how quickly you get use to it. Other bikes I get on all seem so......small. ;)
I think Honda removed the cruise control from the F6B version of the Wing along with the reverse. 2 features I use a lot.

Top Bottom