Factory recommended maintenance

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I know there's probably an old thread with this discussion it it, but here goes...
Regarding Dealer service. I really want to forego the 4000 mile service, as I can't see what they are going to do that is worth the trouble... remove a lot of tupperware for no good reason @ $80/hr...I can change my own oil.
I fully intend to do the 8000, but please can I have some of your thoughts on this? (skipping 4k service)

tawilke46

There is really nothing to the 4k mile scheduled maintenance. Everything is just an inspect or check item. Most can easily be done by you.
Checking the spark plugs would be a little more involved.
I changed my oil and filter at 1k miles and also plan to do the entire 8k mile scheduled maintenance, including the valve check and replace the spark plugs.

tawilke46

I would use Friendly Honda here in Baton Rouge. They are only about 2 miles from my house. I think they would do a adequate job. Although I can't be positive of that.
My salesman that sold me the NT assures me they have a really good Honda certified mechanic. We shall see at 8,000 miles.
They have a typical labor rate of about $85 per hour. Plus the parts and taxes of course.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I only have the dealer do the 8, 16, 22, Thousand ones. My service contract gives me six services. They did the 600mi and will do the 8000mi tomorrow. I'll see them again at 16000 mi. I do my own fluid changes.

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I was kidding. I have found a Honda dealer I like in Rockwall TX that only charges $80, which is 10-20 bucks less than the Al Lamb or Maxim...plus they didnt scratch my bike like Maxim did

Top Bottom