Fairing

Does anyone know what other honda fairing will fit the NT700. bags are damaged severely and can't find replacements

OP
OP
Here are pictures of why. The the black piece I cant find on ebay. And the lids are expensive.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
i don't see pics...... if your referring to the saddle bag outer shell. you can get them from a parts supplier. not always on EBAY. here is a discount pricing supplier www.partzilla.com in Georgia

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Does anyone know what other honda fairing will fit the NT700. bags are damaged severely and can't find replacements
None that I am aware of. Best idea I can think of is to use soft sided bags as a replacement

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I've given up on my pannier latches. I put a cleat in each one and a bungee cord across the seat...
The right side carries strictly rain gear and i gorilla tape it so the wind cant try to blow it open
I will gorilla tape the left when needed
If the lids give out i will buy soft luggage

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I've given up on my pannier latches. I put a cleat in each one and a bungee cord across the seat...
The right side carries strictly rain gear and i gorilla tape it so the wind cant try to blow it open
I will gorilla tape the left when needed
If the lids give out i will buy soft luggage
I too have finally given up on the OE latches as well. Sometime over the winter months I intend to install the Franzen drawbolt combination latches that I have had for five or six years waiting for the OE latches to finally fail.

Mike

I too have finally given up on the OE latches as well. Sometime over the winter months I intend to install the Franzen drawbolt combination latches that I have had for five or six years waiting for the OE latches to finally fail.

Mike
Trying to decide what to do in that regard. . . Mine has 75,000 miles and the bigger lids. Everything is working properly. I've read on here of people packing JB Weld or something like that around the latches on the bag lids before they break, and that seems like it would work. If I'm understanding correctly, that's where the problem is, not in the inner mechanism.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
My NT still has the original lid latching mechanism but they are secured on each side by long 5 mm all-thread studs. The original tapered metal screws only make the plastic towers crack and eventually fail. I drilled deep into each plastic tower then threaded with 5 mm tap and finally used J-B weld to ensure the stud never came loose. I use 5 mm locking nuts at the mechanism. :)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Ah, guess I had it backward somehow. Thanks for the correction
Both inner and outer latch mechanisms have been problematic. If one knew early on in the ownership of a new NT what was in store latchwise, he could have reengineered the inner and outer mechanisms to make them virtually bulletproof as DirtFlier has done. Sadly as the old saying goes, hindsight is 20/20. My problem started with the outer pannier bosses cracking where the hasp was screwed on and fortunately I caught it in time to reinforce the bosses with JB Weld and got another four or so years out of them before they failed completely.

Mike

I don't think you got it backward. Most complaints are like you said; mine just don't happen to have been.
Thanks for the clarification. I know this has been beaten to death, but how odd that Honda, as reliable as they usually are, would design a system with TWO separate failure points.

Top Bottom