fender extender

Bike
1999 Kawasaki Concours,
Where can I buy a fender extender in the states? Preferably carbon fiber look.
Thanks, JML

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Most of the ones that I have seen for the NT are black plastic and do not look like carbon fiber. I did buy a real carbon fiber one advertised on ebay but it came from Spain.

Bike
11VStrom650 & 16Tiger800
I am at my office now so I don't remember who I got my carbon fiber fender extender from. I can get that info when I get home this evening. When I got mine I could not get any glue that I had to hold it to the fender so I took it to my local car repair shop (who is a friend). Don't know what he used but it has held on tight for 2 years and 5 months so far. He kept my bike overnight while clamping the extender to the fender with the "special" glue. If I remember right, he said there's only certain types of glues that work on carbon fiber. If you can't find what you want, pm me and I'll get out the receipt.

Wanda P.

At home now and found the receipt. I got it on ebay and it came out of Spain. In June of 2012 paid $30 plus $10 shipping. Damn, I must have felt rich (or foolish) when I ordered it. www.bluebirdengineering.com is shown on the receipt'll pay me for it. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nyst100
Bike
1999 Kawasaki Concours,
Thank you for the two polite replies that reflect the spirit of most of the people on this forum.
JML

Bike
2010 Silver NT 700v
Got one from bluebird for the VFR about three years ago , still holding tight. Pulled fender off , used a scratch pad to rough mating surfaces and used Permatex black silicone to attach . Lay fender on sandbag and lay sandbags on fender extender and I let cure for two days. It is the carbon fiber one, very nice piece . Don't remember what I paid but it was very reasonable for the quality .

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I used pop rivets to attach mine. Only took a couple of minutes to install, is still holding and the rivet heads are not really noticeable. I also did not have to remove the fender.

Last edited:
Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
I believe I also got mine from bluebird of Spain via ebay and I attached it with silicone (my "fixative" of choice for such applications) and it is still holding tight after a couple of years

Top Bottom