Final Drive Gear worn. Looking for a good US source that ships parts to Australia.

Horizon

In getting to know my new bike I've discovered the Final Drive splines are quite worn and in need of replacment soon (miss moly seems to have eluded the previous owner). The bike hops/jerks at idle/walk speed.

The bike has 44,000Km's on the clock. Most of the wear is on the rear wheel splines, which is a reasonably cheap fix but logic tells me I should be fixing the female splines in the final drive at the same time? Perhaps if I dig a little deeper I may find more worn componants also. For a full set of drive gears I may need deeper pockets so Im looking for a reliable US source for parts that would ship to Australia?

I welcome any other suggestions also, so far my local dealers have quoted me some pretty heavy figures that include many weeks of waiting.

Cheers

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I would avoid a dealer, we don't call them "stealers" for no reason....

Bike Bandit shows a Final Drive set for $358.97 USD plus the shipping costs to Oz. It is listed as being available in three to four business days.... See Here That listing is for a 2010, not 2007, but you should be able to confirm it is the same part through your dealer....

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Final Gear Set from South Sound Honda is $269.03 USD. For some reason this local shop always has OEM parts cheaper than most others. Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for. Really not sure if they ship to Australia. Not sure what it would cost for private person to ship to Australia if that is what you're looking for.

OP
OP

Horizon

Thats is exactly what Im after, thank you for the tips. Im also after a Flange set for the rear wheel. I have sent some emails off, BikeBandit never responded directly to the email but sure as hell spamming my inbox every two hours...odd service indeed. Hopefully the others offer more useful response.

If I cant find a store that will ship then perhaps I could trouble someone here that can source and send for me...I could send you a jar of Vegemite as thanx, hey its cheaper than Moly Grease and it'll keep your leathers supple.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
On Honda motorcycles, the part that typically needs replacement when you hear the "click-click-click" from the final drive is Flange Set, 42630-MAH-305 (for 2010 model). That part is the male portion of the splines and the female (drive) splines are part of the forged ring gear so made of a much harder material and rarely becomes worn. Although it is called "Flange Set" it is actually only one part - the driven splines and the five pins (everything is one piece) that secures the piece into the rear wheel's rubber dampers. I had to change the driven spline on my PC800 at around 85k miles.

I looked it up on <HondaPartsLine.com> and that flange was $105.00 in the US without shipping.

Top Bottom