Finally got my NT!

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
DSCF4271.jpg

DSCF4287.jpg

I got it home without laying it down, an accomplishment for a novice I think. :cool:

It was exciting ;) and terrifying :eek1: at the same time, lol.

Practice, practice, practice!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Glad to see you got one of the faster red ones!

Mike

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
congratulations!! looks good!

the NT was my first bike, and riding it off the lot was my first time riding a motorcycle since taking the MSR beginner's course several years prior. i had been riding scooter for several years, but that's a bit different.

i will admit, the one drop i ever had was riding it around the dealer's parking lot the day i bought it - before even leaving the lot! was doing a slow/tight turn and down she went. all it did was scratch the tip-over wing cover which thankfully is a cheap replacement part.

i still remember how nervous....and excited i was that day riding off into a new lifelong passion!!

here's to many years and many miles of enjoyment with your new NT!!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Welcome and congrats. I had a similar feeling departing the dealership and having to immediately go 50mph when I'd last been at the MSC range four month previous and then not even gone above 30mph. I'm now approaching two years of ownership and just hit 25k miles (eagerly awaiting my mileage award). Happy trails and ride safe.

skiper

Good for you Bill.. I had similar reactions to the maiden voyage. It was july and hundreds of little clouds above. Three minutes out and one poured on me for five chilly minutes. Then the glory of country roads for fourty miles - spectacular ride - spectacular machine. When i learned myself to hanglide in the 70's - doubling every margin of error served me well. Used similar caution and respect for the NT. You'll do well to do the same. Soak up the knowledge of others - give yourself lot's of room and HAVE A BLAST with your new NT 700

tawilke46

Congrats Bill. The red NT does look better..............mine is also red, (maroon) according to some. Just wish Honda had made the red ones with ABS.
When you get your riding legs under you,and have some miles behind you, take a ride up to Baton Rouge and we will do lunch.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Congratulations on the new NT, Bill! I really like the way the maroon/red NT looks, even if I've got the sexy, speedy silver one. :) Enjoy yourself and be safe!

eagerly awaiting my mileage award
Here's how you get that mileage award, Greg. Go to the command bar (that may not be what it's called, but it's the maroon bar along the top of the home page on the Forum. Click on "Riding," scroll down to "Mileage Awards," then scroll down again to the 25K line at the bottom. Click on "Request Award" at the right side of the page and follow instructions.

When your bike hits 50,000, let me know and I'll send you one of the 50,000 mile stickers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigBill
Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Took it out for a practice session in the neighborhood, its a quiet development so very little traffic to deal with.
I'm going to gas it up down the road in the AM since it will be a low-traffic day in town.
Its coming back slowly,but good thing the clutch is so light on this bike...and its very quiet. :)

OP
OP
BigBill
Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Maye once I get out onto the freeway. :)

It definitely gets attention, its an uncommon bike and everybody asks what it is...I'm surprised they didn't sell better here in the US.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
So there ARE some new NT's available right now. Hope that's true next year.

Top Bottom