First real ride (120 miles)

So I had to replace my fuel pump on this "new-to-me" 2011 NT700V (US Spec). Today I took my first decent ride of about 120 miles. Rode in all sorts of conditions from stop and go, Interstate blasts and everything in between. I averaged 52.5 MPG (Calculated trip Miles/gallons filled). The AVG guess-o-meter said 61 MPG...NOT!

Upon returning home I discovered the dreaded saddlebag lid plastic boss failure....anyone have good repair suggestions short of adding external latches which I dont want to do.

Craig

I decided to fill "cup/pocket" with Plastic safe epoxy and through-bolt the bracket with nylock nuts. hopefully wont vibrate out.

Craig

You may want to reinforce the rest of your latch posts before they break/crack.
Instead of a through bolt I epoxied in some brass tube that was threaded. It was a bit tricky to get the height correct as I remember but it did work well when shimmed out right.
Also could epoxy all thread in but make sure you have room for the nuts to turn once installed.

Brad

You may want to reinforce the rest of your latch posts before they break/crack.
Instead of a through bolt I epoxied in some brass tube that was threaded. It was a bit tricky to get the height correct as I remember but it did work well when shimmed out right.
Also could epoxy all thread in but make sure you have room for the nuts to turn once installed.

Brad
Brad, brilliant idea epoxying Brass tube. The forward ones dont seem to have room behind to through-bolt so this may be the ticket.

Craig

Post pics of your repairs when finished. It is a common problem and the more solutions the better.

Mike

So I had to replace my fuel pump on this "new-to-me" 2011 NT700V (US Spec). Today I took my first decent ride of about 120 miles. Rode in all sorts of conditions from stop and go, Interstate blasts and everything in between. I averaged 52.5 MPG (Calculated trip Miles/gallons filled). The AVG guess-o-meter said 61 MPG...NOT!

Upon returning home I discovered the dreaded saddlebag lid plastic boss failure....anyone have good repair suggestions short of adding external latches which I dont want to do.

Craig

The only permanent repair is the addition of external latches.

Back
Top Bottom