First ride of the year - new seat and a milestone

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
Finally had a reasonably dry day free to drag Betty out of mothballs and get out on the road. Delighted to report she started first push of the button after 5 months under a cover in my yard. Was also looking forward to trying out my new Tony Archer seat:

[/URL]

Glad to report that for the first time ever I was able to ride a whole tank of fuel with no numb rear issues at all - just the usual knee stiffness at the end of the ride. I can highly recommend Tony's work if you are UK based. The cost was ?132 including delivery.

Also pleased to report that I finally crossed the 50k mark I was hoping to get to last year. Really looking forward to the next 50k - especially on that seat.

[/URL]

OP
OP
gbrand42
Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
North Wales, the Lake District, the Scottish highlands and a trip through the channel tunnel into France are on the list. I hope to cross at least one of these off this year. I'm also signed up for the National Road Rally for the third year running.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Also pleased to report that I finally crossed the 50k mark I was hoping to get to last year. Really looking forward to the next 50k - especially on that seat.
Congratulations on the 50,000 mile mark! If you want one of the 50K-mile stickers, send me a private message with your mailing address and I'll get one in the mail to you. Your new seat looks good. Having a seat you can ride without getting the dreaded numb-butt makes a huge difference to riding enjoyment.

The 50K sticker and my Russell DayLong saddle:

Attachments

OP
OP
gbrand42
Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
That Russell saddle looks very comfortable, looks like it works on the same principle as the Tony Archer seat - spread the load over a wider area, eliminating pressure points. I would definitely have looked at a Russell product if I was located in the US.

PM has been sent regarding the sticker Phil, thanks. Do I need to post again in the mileage milestones forum to get my avatar award?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Graham, yes, post in the mileage milestones section to have Mellow award you your avatar award.

Top Bottom