First Ride

JoshR

Two rides, one from the dealer back to work, the other an extended meander from work to home a few hours later.

The NT is a bit lower, narrower, and flickable than the previous ride (1985 R80RT). RPMs in third and fifth hear are almost exactly the same as the RT.

So far, so good, really enjoying it...

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The more you ride it, the better you will like it!

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Wow! Two first rides in one day! Things are a' poppin'!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA, #227
After 25 years of companionship and 85,000 miles, I guiltily sold my 1985 R80RT when the NT700VA came along. I am not in the least bit sorry now.

Good luck with yours!

OP
OP

JoshR

Some difference I have noticed over the first 4 rides....

The wind doesn't push the NT around as much as it did my R80RT, which had a tall wind shield.
The grips on the NT seem to be much smaller diameter, not as comfortable as the RT....
I had no issues getting the RT up on the center stand, I find the NT to be a bit challenging.

And the RT let you guess about how much gas was left, while the NT lets you guess about how
well the electrical charging system is working. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Am really enjoying the NT....

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
And the RT let you guess about how much gas was left, while the NT lets you guess about how well the electrical charging system is working. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
At least it is a lot easier to install a Amp meter, or Volt meter, than a fuel gauge! :D

Edit: Here is how I made my grips more comfortable... I prefer a larger grip as well.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I had no issues getting the RT up on the center stand, I find the NT to be a bit challenging.

Whooey! Josh, if you'd ever tried to put a Kawasaki Concours on the center stand, you'd think the NT was something totally miraculous.

Do you have heated hand grips on your NT? If you do, you have a charging-system indicator. When the NT is discharging it's battery, the heated hand grip lights blink. The more LEDs blink, the higher the rate of discharge.

Top Bottom