Flags

Ralph

Has anyone installed a flag or flags on their NT. I don't want to install a top box. Any ideas?
I want to install two flags, a US flag and a POW flag, any ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Rivco makes a flag holder that uses the license plate bolts to attach it. Here is a link. I would put some Big washers on the backside of the rear fender to attach it to the NT, that plastic is soft.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Not being from the USA, I'm a little at a loss as to why you would have a flag on a vehicle or outside your residence. This seems to be a purely American phenomenon, as I haven't seen it elsewhere in my travels around the world, and I am interested to know why you do it.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Not being from the USA, I'm a little at a loss as to why you would have a flag on a vehicle or outside your residence. This seems to be a purely American phenomenon, as I haven't seen it elsewhere in my travels around the world, and I am interested to know why you do it.
For me it's a one word answer: Patriotism.

Definition:
Love of country; devotion to the welfare of one's compatriots; the virtues and actions of a patriot; the passion which inspires one to serve one's country.

I don't have a flag on my NT. However, I do fly my country's flag in front of my home 24 - 7 - 365.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
JQL it is indeed a simple sign of patriotism. Some like to broadcast it from their homes, others from their vehicles (or both). Corporate offices often have a flagpole near the front entrance and fly the flag as well.

The prisoner of war/missing in action (POW/MIA) flag is very commonly flown by veterans of foreign wars (and plenty of others as everyone has friends or family touched by war) showing sympathy for their lost or captured brothers and sisters and compassion to their families. It is a sign of respect to those who endured capture or gave the final sacrifice in service to their country. An acknowledgement that their sacrifice is honored, remembered, and respected. It's another sign of patriotism.

A thesis could probably be written as to why Americans fly the flag more so than in other parts of the world. I will comment that I think it is becoming less common than it once was. Which is unfortunate. National pride is good.

We're still a pretty young country compared to the rest of the world, so maybe flag flying is something the "new kids on the block" do and perhaps it will curtail as a few more centuries pass :)

This, of course, is but one man's opinion.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
This seems to be a purely American phenomenon, as I haven't seen it elsewhere in my travels around the world, and I am interested to know why you do it.
I think you're right about it being an "American phenomenon" as I never saw national flags being displayed nearly as much as in the USA in my travels either. Other than at governmental facilities it was rare to see a national flag displayed in Europe, Central America, or the Far East. The only time I really noticed national flags being waved around by civilians was at international football (soccer) matches. At those matches the flag waving, body painting, and clothes made from national flags and / or their colors was as intense than anything I've seen in the USA...but it only lasted a few days.

As a proud veteran I "fly" an American and a POW/MIA flag on my Harley's Tour-Pak luggage rack whenever I ride. I also "wear" an American and POW/MIA flag and other "patriotic" and military patches on my "pirate gear" leather vest. I had friends who didn't make it home so I "fly" and "wear" those flags and patches to honor their service, sacrifice, and their memory...

Last edited:
Top Bottom