Flaking paint?

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Alex, I forgot to tell you how my +4" works for me in various positions. I almost always ride with it in the first notch down from full up. I get very little wind or buffeting that way. I can slouch comfortably and look through the flip. And in spite of what others have insinuated, the flip's distortion is very very minimal. I also don't have any real trouble seeing through the screen even when it's got bug guts on it. At night and in rain, I usually sit up straight, without having to strain, and look comfortably over the screen in that position.

I've tried it full down and get way more wind than I ever want. Full up, I get no wind, but I can't see over it. And even though I probably look through it 70% of the time, I always want a quick (quick as in immediate!) way to look over it, so I can't really imagine ever riding with it full up.

It is a quality piece of work and has much less edge distortion than the Givi or Rifle screens I used on the Connie. My favorite Concours screen came from Clearview just up the road about 120 miles in Bailey, CO, but so far Clearview hasn't been interested in making a screen for the NT.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
And in spite of what others have insinuated, the flip's distortion is very very minimal.
That's odd, the view looking through the "flip" on mine is very distorted. Looking just below the flip is fine, minimal distortion, but the flip itself is awful. I wonder if the flip contours are the same on all the sizes...???

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Thank you all for the information. I think that the next farkle will be the wind deflectors Honda makes and then the windshield. Since I changed to Silverstar Bulbs and adjusted the beams, the Denali lights have a lower priority. I also rarely ride at night. I have never kept the stock windshield on any bike I have owned. On my Ninja, the first purchase was a Zero Gravity windshield in light gray. It made an immense difference. What attracts me to the CeeBailey is that so many of the long distance riders swear by them---also that they make windshields for aircraft. Anything aircraft has to be spot on lest the FAA comes down on you.

You guys with the silver bikes will have to get some kind of coating for your paint that can stand up to those high speeds. I recall that Boeing has such a product.

Bike
2011 NT700 ABS (Frodo)
Returning to paint: I need to repair a chipped spot on my silver sidecase cover. Unfortunately, time and miles have resulted in loss of the paint code sticker that the Spanish dudes put under the seat. I appreciate the info on the "Colorite Honda Spangle Silver" and I'll pick up some of that tomorrow for the first cover attempt.

May I ask one of you faster folks on the silver one (2010 vintage, if it matters) to check that paint code sticker under the seat, starboard of centerline, and relay the paint code to me? I'd appreciate it. It'll save me a week of waiting for the local shop to research it.

I'll write it down in my log, like they recommended that I do on day one as I went through the little owner's manual.

Thanks. I'll check in this weekend.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The color is Spangle Silver Metallic. Code might be NH-49. I'll check tomorrow.

Madmax

WAX???? Why wax if you have clearcoat??? Wast of time when you could be riding. LOL

Top Bottom