Fleece riding gear

Igo

We're missing a sub section here - Layers.
Two bargains are available today for articles of clothing that work great for layering on a motorcycle.
http://www.rei.com/search?query=REI+Heavyweight+MTS+Zip-T+-+Men's+-+2009+Closeout&button.x=51&button.y=6

http://www.rei.com/product/798779

Both these REI jackets are closeout priced. Fleece will insulate you even when wet so these make a perfect colder 2-season and wet weather part of your layering system. One thing that is really unique about both these garments is the have a rather tall preachers collar works beautiful as a comfortable gasket at the neck of your favorite ballistic riding jacket. If you choose the right color the collar showing above the collar of your jacket actually look nice and for all but the coldest riding is all the weather protection the jugglers in your neck need from the elements.
Fleece does not compress for packing as much as some other synthetics but it is this quality that makes fleece warm when wet, it will not loose its loft and will fill available space under your jacket as you move around. Perfect for motorcycles.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Igo,

I love my LL Bean fleece liner. Sometimes I wear it in the LL Bean jacket, sometime I wear it by itself, sometime (a lot of the time, actually) I wear it over my heated jacket liner and under my 'Stitch.

The Aerostitch is not the warmest garment by itself, but with the fleece between it and the heated jacket, I'm good to go until it gets really cold, like down below 15F.

1TRAK

+1 on the fleece Igo, up here in Michigan they're used a lot. I have a columbia vest and fleece pullover that keep me riding down to about 30F.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I really like wearing one of my bicycling jackets under my 'stich. Wind blocking, breathable and they are cut different than regular hiking/walking/whatever jackets. Longer in the back so no riding up when you're on the bike, and there is a bit of extra room at the elbows as well. I also like the elastic at the hem and especially the cuff. Helps keep the arms in place when putting your riding gear on.

elizilla

I buy my layering pieces from Eddie Bauer. It's much easier to layer when the items fit reasonably well, and Eddie Bauer is the lone purveyor of such items in women's tall sizes.

In fact, that's where I buy almost all my clothes. I don't feel like they suit my personal style that well, in fact I think they're pretty boring and kinda expensive for what you get. But I get a lot of use out of their stuff and I have to say it wears like iron, and having long enough sleeves and shirt tails that will stay tucked in, is a fabulous luxury in my world. I wish they made motorcycle gear. :)

OP
OP

Igo

Eddie Bauer makes excellent motorcycle clothing just like MSR makes great motorcycle camping gear.

Top Bottom