Givi is another source for NT700V windscreens

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I don't know why you'd use it -- it doesn't look like anything much different from OEM, but there is one for the NT: it's Givi's D307ST.

I guess it's fast...it's shown on a silver bike. :)

fpavko

Phil, notice a lot of activity around windshield options but have not seen a negative post related to the OEM windshield. What has been your experience and what screen have you settled on?

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I had a bit more turbulence than I wanted with the OEM screen. I bought a CeeBailey + 2" and like it. I can create a still pocket or I can have wind in my face. I usually keep it in the middle slot on the adjustors. I like to be able to see over or slouch and look through the very top of the screen. The first CeeBailey screens had a bit of problem with the hole location and pushed the sliders outward so that they don't slide as smoothly as originally, but since I hardly ever move the screen that's not been issue for me.

Oh, the CeeBailey is also 2" wider at the top and that makes a bigger pocket in crosswinds -- of which we have a few around here. (My English teachers would be so proud of that "of which.")

CoolNT

Tromper,
I have the Cee-Bailey's +2 with the flip. My daughter (10) rides with me all the time. She's about 4' 7" and hasn't experienced any wind problems. Take it for what it's worth, after all, she's only 10.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Tromper,

Nobody's ever been on the back of my NT. My wife's got bursitis and can't ride and there's nobody else in my life who wants to.

abgar

I am happy to be helpfull. Below is detailed comparison stock vs. Givi D307ST ( on my bike ).
Left: stock right: Givi

Side by side:

Note the curved upper edge !

The difference is TERRIFIC. At my height 182 cm there is no eye blowing. I can speed over 160 kmph with open helmet.
And it is pretty cheap :)

Last edited:

Igo

Hmmm. Keeps the Honda lines but just keeps going up and it has the flip. Very interesting.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Great comparitive pictures, Agbar. I like, as Igo stated, that it keeps the nice lines of the OEM windscreen.

Avi

I am happy to be helpfull. Below is detailed comparison stock vs. Givi D307ST ( on my bike ).
Left: stock right: Givi

Side by side:

Note the curved upper edge !

The difference is TERRIFIC. At my height 182 cm there is no eye blowing. I can speed over 160 kmph with open helmet.
And it is pretty cheap :)
Please send the model number of this windshield?

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I had one of these windshields and it shattered when I dropped my bike. The Givi is made of acrylic, which is not impact rated and will shatter into shards with a strong enough impact. These shards do pose a risk to the rider getting injured in these situations.

The OEM windshield is made of Polycarbonate, which is impact rated and will not shatter into shards.

The price of the windshield will tell you what material it is made of as polycarbonate cost more for a good reason.

The video below is a bit extreme in some of the test. All of these simulated impacts are possible when riding on a motorcycle.

Top Bottom