Givi Top Box mounting problem

Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
I have a 2011 NT700VA and recently bought a Givi V46 (Monokey) for it. Just got the mounting hardware and mount delivered (E221). I cannot fit the mount on the hardware which was installed following the instructions (I had a couple of other folks check the instructions and my work, they agree I put things together correctly.) Is this not the correct mount/hardware?

OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Yep, did the drilling. Holes line up fine. Hardware is on, but mount won't fit on top. Have photos, but don't see an icon for attaching photos. The "insert image icon wants me to go to a URL

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Yep, did the drilling. Holes line up fine. Hardware is on, but mount won't fit on top. Have photos, but don't see an icon for attaching photos. The "insert image icon wants me to go to a URL
When you reply or edit a post, do the Go Advanced option then the paper clip icon in the top of the post area or below the post box, the manage attachments button, those will allow attaching pics from your PC.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
When you reply or edit a post, do the Go Advanced option then the paper clip icon in the top of the post area or below the post box, the manage attachments button, those will allow attaching pics from your PC.
Joe, twice in the last three days I've wanted to attach a photo to a PM and can't find a way to do it. The "Manage Attachments" deal doesn't show up with Private Messages.

Help!

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Joe, twice in the last three days I've wanted to attach a photo to a PM and can't find a way to do it. The "Manage Attachments" deal doesn't show up with Private Messages.

Help!
Correct, the software doesn't support that. I think it's to basically save bandwidth by keeping files from being PM only, just guessing. I prefer to not allow that as it's possible material could be distributed which we would not care for and we wouldn't see it like we would in the public areas.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Was just gonna mention that. The first time installed that on the NT I had the mounting hardware upside down/backwards.

Sent from my Nexus 7

OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
I triple-looked at that diagram, so did a couple of other guys that put stuff together often. It looked right to them as well. Obviously it is not; I will have to play with the hardware (put it on upside down and backwards---the way I see it) which will probably make it work. A nice photo instead of a "xeroxed" diagram included with the instructions would certainly be useful. The way I have the hardware installed, it seems that the rear end of the hardware is too wide. I'm going to try and include my photos again.
http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5503&stc=1&d=1347844299

Attachments

OP
OP
gcantella
Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Apparently, when one utters these words, !@$%%#^&*! and &^%$#%$!!, attachments happen. Nothing technical to it at all, just don't have children within earshot.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
A little secret about putting thing together with multiple fasteners. Install all the fasteners first leaving them a bit loose.
This allows for some wiggle room. When all the fasteners are lined up and started then and only then tighten them fully. Makes life a bit easier.

Top Bottom