Givi top case

Bike
'10 Silver NT700
I was looking at the Givi website and noticed that when I put in NT700, it indicated it was for year '89 and '09, but did not mention later years. Can I assume the mounting bracket remains the same?

Also, the site seems to be giving me the option of getting the smaller Monokey top cases only and doesn't permit the larger Monolock style cases. Will either fit the 2010 NT700?

Last and most stupid question. Is the 2010 NT700 considered a "Deauville" or was that name unique to earlier models sold outside the US? I just want to be sure I'm getting the right stuff when I start ordering my farkles.

Thanks for the WOTL.

elizilla

The Givi topcase rack for '09 Deauville will fit your US-spec NT, yes. And it is available in both Monokey and Monolock versions. The larger cases are Monokey, not Monolock. Monolock are mostly smaller cases focused on the scooter market. Do you already own a case? If so, whichever you have you can get a rack to match it.

When I ordered the Givi rack, I ordered Monokey because that's what all my cases are. They sent me a Monolock rack in a case labeled Monokey, so I had to get them to send me the correct parts. That's why I know both are available. (I eventually decided to just build my own topcase rack, though, and sold the Givi rack here.)

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Cameron,
First and foremost--there is no such thing as a stupid question on this forum. The "stupid question" is usually the one you did not ask.

Concerning the GIVI Topcase: There are quite a few people on this forum who have them. The OEM Honda Topcase is made by GIVI. You need not restrict yourself to the OEM case.

I know next to nothing about top cases, which is why I am reading all the threads on that subject. Until I decide, I bought a MoTech luggage rack from Twisted Throttle which is quickly adaptable to take a multitude of different brand top cases. Until I decide, the rack handles a duffel just fine.

The NT has been around for years in Europe and the UK. There, until recently, it was known as the Deauville--named after a French Resort. The bike is known for its reliability. Early Deauvilles were 650cc. The later ones are 700cc. In Europe, a lot of messengers and Police Departments use these bikes with great results.

There are a lot of accessories available in Europe and the UK for this bike--like the larger pannier lids. A lot of people on this forum have them, and they display the Deauville badge instead of the NT-700 Decal. The European version also has four way flashers and an undercowl for further weather protection. Some members of this forum have this under cowl as well.

Stay with us and participate. I learn something new on this forum every day. These people are super--and there are NO flamers.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The European version also has four way flashers and an undercowl for further weather protection. Some members of this forum have this under cowl as well.

The OEM undercowl from the UK and Europe is not standard. It's an option "over there" and is fairly expensive. I think I paid about $500 for mine. It's not as attractive as the Skidmarx undercowl/lower fairing that RedLdr1 (Wayne) has on is bike, but it works very well and adds protection from cold and wet.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
What do you think would happen if I painted mine silver?

Nothing, it would still know that it is really a slow :turtle: maroon and continue to respond accordingly....:wink: Anyway the Caddy White you mentioned sounds much better...:) My wife's Flex is a TriCoat Metallic White and it really sparkles, at least when it is clean...:rolleyes1: Suzuki Pearl Mirage White looks very good as well...

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The beauty of the Givi system is that you can mount any box on the same rack. You only need to decide whether you want to go with the Monolock system (cheaper boxes intended for scooters, do not perform well in high speeds) or the Monokey system (intended for bigger bikes). The only item that you need to buy specifically for the NT700 / Deauville is the rack. I have the monokey rack with the big E55 box and I am very happy with its looks and functionality. I purchased the deluxe model (comes with inner liner and brake lights).

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Rick,
The new paints that are available are incredible and there are some great painters around.

Changing the color on an NT is really not that hard because there is not much to paint. The stuff is easily removable and can be taken to any body shop.

There was a guy on the Ninja forum who was very adept at using Adobe PhotoShop. He illustrated the Ninja in many color configurations.

One of the paints that I have always liked is Imron and Awlgrip--both are linear polyurethane paints that are a two part mixture. They are used a lot on boats. They are quite abrasion resistant. They are not made in metallic colors and they are also very expensive.

Another color combination that I think would look great on the NT would be fairing and tank in beige with the panniers in black.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I do, too. If you'll pay for it, I'll offer mine as a guinea pig. :)

Top Bottom