Givi V46 mounted!

markboy

I knew I was going to add a top box when I bought the bike - the threads and comments on this site were quite helpful in understanding all the options and getting folks impressions. Thanks!

I found what I felt was a good deal on a Givi V46 on Craigslist that is in great shape. I then looked at the mounting options and decided that I'd go with the Givi branded mount that is made for the NT700V. It cost a little more but knowing it was designed for the bike was worth it for me.

The install was straight forward and probably took me a little bit over an hour. Removing the rear top plate was simple and the underside is actually marked and scribed for where the additional holes had to be drilled. The instructions are decent but it's pretty much just a diagram of how all the parts should line up. I didn't have a 16.5 mm drill bit so I used a 5/8ths which worked just fine. The rest is just lining up the provided shims, stems, bolts washers and nuts. Getting the last two nuts onto the two forward bolts is a bit tricky as the cowling on the monokey base drops down fairly tight for my fingers (and I don't have fat fingers :tongue:). Fortunately my wife was nearby so I had her hold the bolt from the top while I fumbled around below.

I wish it sat back another 1+ inches from the passenger seat to provide just a bit more room but we both fit on the bike. Will have to see how it goes when we are on the road for a bit though. Here is a pic... assuming I did this right....

bmbusa

Looks good. I am going to add a trunk to mine one of these days. I am always looking at my different options. That Givi does look good. Hows the silver match up?

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
+1
I installed the Givi mount for the black V46 Tech that I kept when I traded in the Triumph. Installation was pretty much the same as yours, and my fingers are long enough I was able to install the odd nuts under the grab bars without removing the bars from the bike. Total install was about 30 minutes.

I'll post some pics after my Cee Bailey +4 gets here next week. The next farkle will probably be the Admore light kit for the V46.

OP
OP

markboy

@bmbusa - the silver matches up perfectly.

@KazooST - I may add the light kit myself. Also looking at a RAMMOUNT setup for the GPS and thinking about a Cee Bailey myself. From what I can tell bobbing my head a little I think I just need a +2 but have to do some more thinking on that one.

The wife went on a spin with me today and said she was quite comfy.

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
markboy, I read through a bunch of the posts on the forum here and also looked at the fitting guide on Cee Bailey's website and decided to go with the +4 so that I would be able to ride without raising the shield all the way up. I'm 6'2" and have to duck about 1 - 2" to get completely in the bubble on the highway with the stock shield all the way up. I'm hoping the bigger "flip" on the C.B. will let me get in the bubble and still look over the shield instead of through it. One thing I have learned, when it comes to fine-tuning a bike, everyone is different and what works great for one person will probably be loathed by someone else.

I guess that's why we see "YMMV" so often on these forums!

Top Bottom