gloves that reduce vibration effect?

lerickso

Are any of you familiar with gloves that have the Gel material inside? I am looking to buy a pair that reduces the effects of vibration and thought my NT brothers and sisters would have some good opinions. Feedback welcome.

On another note, I LOVE MY NT700! Having a cool cycle is like having a puppy: everyone has to come up to you and talk about your baby!

Loren

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I don't know about Gel-Gloves for motorcycles. They make them for bicycles--the fingerless variety. I have tried them, and they made no difference. I am wondering if someone makes a rubber mount for the handlebars. That would probably do more than gloves. Just a thought.
Alex

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Olympia makes some that I've used... the only problem is you only get about 1 riding season out of them as they aren't built well and probably would suck in a crash... the gel in the palms is nice for any vibes through the handlebars....

However, I'd go with grip puppy covers as you could use whatever gloves you like and something a bit more durable.

MAC

Loren,
I have a pair of summer gloves with gel, they take all the vibration out of the handlebars.

maxweljames

I used to own a pair of mechanic gloves with gel palms. I used them with impact tools. Just do an internet search for "gel mechanic gloves" and you should get some results.

Personally I don't think the gel gloves help in regards to using impact guns, at least no more than regular mechanic gloves.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I have a pair like Mellow linked to, I have not found any big difference with them. You would be better served i think by just shifting the bike to keep it in the sweet zone to reduce the buzz. They do let heat from the grips thru and have gotten lots of wear time.

docta

Anti-vibraition options

You may want to take a ride down to the Dennis Kirk store on I-35 between Duluth and the Twin Cites......large stock of stuff, including gloves and gel gloves, that you can actually try on for fit and feel.....at least they always used to let me do it......here at the Retirement Home, we have always avoided fingerless gloves, as they defeat the primary purpose of gloves....to protect your most vulnerable and difficult to repair parts from a crash/fall, as your protective extension reflex is activated.......you may also want to try to minimize/eliminate the vibration at the source by checking all mounting fasteners on the drivetrain.......be sure your engine is running as smoothly as possible, including checking FI sync.......may also want to experiment with different grips or something like Grip Puppies, which are constructed from grip foam and apply over the stock grips....they are somewhat absorbent, cheap, easy to install and increase the diameter of the grip enough to change the interface with your palms and fingers......or bar end weights......or a Bar Snake......or filling the bars with silicone......or wrap your grips with foam tape.....may also want to try a Cramp Buster.....some people use one on each grip.....I like one on the throttle side.....may also want to examine how you actually grip the bars and/or change bars, too.........have done all these things at various times since I began riding in 1960....and probably some I have forgotten.
Always ride safely and keep your airspeed under control.

TW

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
I just bought my bike last weekend, rode about 30 miles and pulled over at the first motorsports store I saw! Bought and installed a cramp buster and have been problem free since then. I'd recommend trying this first as they are only ~$10.

Bike
Silver NT700V
+1 on the Cramp Buster. When I got my NT I forgot to move the Cramp Buster from the Suzy to the NT. Rode 300 miles the next day after purchase without it. Made sure to move the Cramp Buster as soon as I got home. Now I need a throttle control (AKA cruise control) of some kind as my trips and days are getting longer. It would be nice to be able to drop the right hand for a few seconds.

johnha

I've had a pair of Olympia gel gloves for about 7-8 years, and they usually stay in the tankbag. After a couple of seasons the gel found its favorite spots in the gloves and gravitates there all the time. I find that loosening your grip on the grips is just as helpful, and a set of foam grips is also at least as effective as my gel gloves.

OP
OP

lerickso

Thanks to all of your great suggestions. Father's Day + my birthday are coming up and that can only mean more NT accessories!

Much appreciate the feedback.

Loren

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Happy Birthday + father's day don't forget to thank mom :)

Top Bottom