Golf travel, via NT700V???

Bike
2010 NT700V
Living in North East Montana, I am trying to give myself any reason at all to cruise my NT. But as an avid golfer, can I combine the 2? If there is a tournament 400 miles away, still in Montana, can I cruise with my clubs and golf equipment and play?

Looking for all ideas, how-tos as well as safe...toos

Bike
Bonneville T120
I have been know to sling a Sunday bag with have a set of clubs over my shoulder and ride to the course.

An interesting related story. Clearview Country Club in East Canton, OH is owned by the Powell Family. Renee Powell was the first African American woman to play on the LPGA tour and she's the head pro there. She's also the only woman to hold an honorary doctorate from St Andrews University in Scotland. I was in Ohio visiting my family and threw my sunday bag over my shoulder and headed there to play golf. It started to rain en route so I rode in during a rain storm on the motorcycle with my clubs. I went in to the pro shop and Ms Powell asked me if I was the one who came in on the motorcycle. I acknowledge it was I. She asked where I was from and I told her Bangor Maine. You should have seen the look on her face. She assumed that I rode 900 miles on my motorcycle with clubs slung over my shoulder.

Back to the question at hand. Rent clubs?

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Build a rack. The one I saw attached to the passenger pegs on a bike. The bottom part was like a basket. A vertical piece went up to the top straps, like what you see on golf carts.

You could probably get an old pull type cart for cheap, take off the wheels and handle and mount it somehow to the bike.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I remember seeing an exhibitor at the IMS show in Seattle a few years ago that had a golf club rack that you could bolt to the bike. I'd have to scour my office for the business card, I thought the kit would work great for less than conspicuous long gun transport.

found it!!!

http://www.bikengolf.com/home.html

Last edited:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
We have a guy here in town with an older BMW R-60 with a Steib sidecar. No problem there getting his clubs to the course. Sure wish that putting a hack on the NT wasn't so involoved. I may change my mind concerning my CB550 and restore it to original and then mount a sidecar.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've seen a bicycle carrier and a mountain bike on a Wee-Strom. Made quite a impression on me.

Husker

Bike
Red 2010 NT700V
We built a trailer for just this reason. Yamaha moped wheels and it lived from Iowa to California and back and still lives. Now I have to build a hitch for my NT 700.

Top Bottom