[Review] Got my Corbin seat!!!

cosmicnt

I finally got my Corbin seat, I absolutely love it!! Does it have the same prob as discussed on here? I guess it does to some extent, but not that bad. Should it be perfect, yes..........is it, no. IMO it adds so much to the bike, I think it changes the overall look alot, but the most important to me is that I can now get more of my feet on the ground when at a stop....I'm gonna keep it, I've already put hundreds of miles on it, but will probably write them a letter also. Let's face it, a $400+ seat should follow the contour of the tank as the original and it doesn't. But like I said,,,,,,,I love it. And as everyone knows BLACK IS THE FASTEST and I got another 10HP
P out of it..:cool:
As you can see not right but it is not jabbing me in the knee, it is under the lip of the tank....so there ya go, it is what it is LOL.....but I really do like this seat alot. The other side is exactly the same, would post more pics but it's a pain in the ***.

Last edited by a moderator:

elizilla

Y'know, it seems like it would be a simple job, to peel up the upholstery in that corner, grind away a little of the seat pan with a dremel, then staple the upholstery back down and make it right. If I owned that seat I'd probably try it.

bicyclist

Y'know, it seems like it would be a simple job, to peel up the upholstery in that corner, grind away a little of the seat pan with a dremel, then staple the upholstery back down and make it right. If I owned that seat I'd probably try it.
I intend to do it when I get a round tuit, but t'ain't as easy as you might think. The seat pan is fiberglass and if you trim away too much, the layers separate. I learned that lesson from working on a previous Corbin. Because the pan is fiberglass, the cover is pop riveted to the pan with large flange rivets. Ya can't just go down to the store and find them. Finally, because of the way the cover is shaped around the ears on the front of the pan, I think that the whole cover will have to be removed from back to front. Not sure about that, yet.

I'm not impressed with Corbin quality and this is the last one I intend to own. They're more comfortable than the stock seat, but I think that there are other, better ways to gain the same comfort.

edit: I should add that I installed some small pieces of paint saver film under those front edges to keep the seat from rubbing off the paint.

UtahJerry

Re: Got my Corbin Seat!!!
I received my Corbin last week, the fit is exactly like yours. I think they need a little more radius
on the front upper edge but otherwise I love it. I have had corbins in the past on a TDM850 and
some dirt trackers. you love them or hate them, I still think they are the best looking seat on the
market, look like a motorcycle seat and not an overstuffed lazyboy.

OP
OP

cosmicnt

Re: Got my Corbin Seat!!!
I received my Corbin last week, the fit is exactly like yours. I think they need a little more radius
on the front upper edge but otherwise I love it. I have had corbins in the past on a TDM850 and
some dirt trackers. you love them or hate them, I still think they are the best looking seat on the
market, look like a motorcycle seat and not an overstuffed lazyboy.
Thank you very much!! I totally agree, no seat looks as good as this one, is comfortable (not that the others aren't), and puts my feet on the ground!! I've looked at all the pics of other seats on here and one or two other seem to come up at the same place as the Corbin...go figure.

mntsansea_girl

I have had my Corbin seat for a year now. I love it. I got the rain cover too, as I don't have a garage and it is outside all the time, except in the winter... It doesn't fit up front but boy my rear doesn't hurt anymore and I am half and inch closer to the ground. I rode it on a 4 day mountain ride just after getting it last year and had no problems spending 6-7 hours in the saddle. I got red piping to go with my 'really fast' red bike... Looks good too.
I have been told that Sargent will rebuild a seat for you but you have to sent them your seat. Who would give up their stock seat for 4 weeks in the middle of riding season? Not me.
I plan on having my bike for a long time so comfort is it for me.

maverick1062a

I'm debating getting this seat. I wouldn't mind getting lower to the ground. I emailed Corbin a week ago regarding the comments about the contours of the seat and have yet to get a response. Makes me wonder about their quality control/customer service.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm debating getting this seat. I wouldn't mind getting lower to the ground. I emailed Corbin a week ago regarding the comments about the contours of the seat and have yet to get a response. Makes me wonder about their quality control/customer service.
Some people dearly love their Corbin saddles, but I don't think even the ones who love them the most would rank Corbin very high in either quality control or customer service..

Jim Moore on the Forum (his forum name is jmoore) has a saddle he got from France that looks as good as any Corbin I've seen and he paid quite a bit less than a Corbin costs. You might PM Jim and ask where he got it.

OP
OP

cosmicnt

hey Cos, what part of the Metroplex do you live in? Richardson here
RedNigel
I'm south of you in Waxahachie and I spend alot of time up in your area, maybe we can meetup sometime. There's a ride out of here this Sunday morn 7/22, if your interested PM me.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I would love to, but on 7/22 I will be on my way home from the Talimena Drive. Gonna ride for two days up there this weekend.
Letme know when the next ride is

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
I have about 16,000 miles on my Corbin seat. I am NOT impressed. I would not buy another one for this bike or any other. The Russell All-Day saddle looks like what I should have purchased. I now use an Airhawk seat cushion that I had on a previous cruiser on top of my Corbin; it makes a huge difference for me. I can only stand to ride with the Corbin seat alone for 100-200 miles. Beyond that, I would probably stop and throw it off a cliff.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have about 16,000 miles on my Corbin seat. I am NOT impressed. I would not buy another one for this bike or any other. The Russell All-Day saddle looks like what I should have purchased. I now use an Airhawk seat cushion that I had on a previous cruiser on top of my Corbin; it makes a huge difference for me. I can only stand to ride with the Corbin seat alone for 100-200 miles. Beyond that, I would probably stop and throw it off a cliff.
I am surprised you have put up with it for that long. I would have put the stock seat back on.

maverick1062a

Just ordered a saddle from topsellerie.com (France). Got the source from Jim Moore (tanks Jim). They custom make them but they had one already made that is lowered with gel material. It has "Deauville" inscribed on the back of the front seat. $412 delivered.
Any one other than Jim have one of these? Any opinions? The thing I could not figure out on the website is what the materials are. The saddle I ordered is mainly a black material numbered 003. Any clues?

bicyclist

I was afraid of that. That's why I wanted you to try mine before you ordered one. Too bad we never got together.

I think that the Russell seat is probably about the best available. Unfortunately, it's too tall for me.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
I was afraid of that. That's why I wanted you to try mine before you ordered one. Too bad we never got together.

I think that the Russell seat is probably about the best available. Unfortunately, it's too tall for me.
Yes, I jumped the gun a little on ordering. Oh well, I still love the NT and the seat is ok with the Airhawk added. Live and learn, but most importantly: Ride!

Top Bottom