Great Fall Day

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Saturday the weather here was great and asking for a short ride. For some of you the weather may be ready to turn cold soon. Here we wait for the humidity to lower and get that good air feeling. The air felt good but there was a little haze from the western fires that drifted this way. Minor but there if you looked.
Took the Versys out for a spin. Short but sweet. Arkansas doesn't have any tall peaks but there are quite a few roads with many curves. The pics are from Petit Jean State park. I hadn't visited in a few years and enjoyed it.

Brad

Attachments

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Very motivational Brad. Thanks

So tomorrow I'm taking off for a short trip through SW WI for a couple days. The weather looks great and I found a couple good campgrounds I haven't been to. I have no route or destination planned, so I'll just follow my nose around the countryside and see. where I end up. I plan to stay on my side of the Mississippi but I rarely stick to any plan.

Today's weather was great and I turned an errand into a 3-hour ride. On my way home (westbound) I didn't have to face the setting sun because the smoke obscured it. No smoke odor,, just a thin overcast. Fall colors are looking good. My biggest challenge is to remember to take some pictures.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I was in Arkansas this weekend too. I rode up 71 from Alma to Fayetteville then cut across thru Huntsville til I picked up 21 and back down to Clarksville
The mountains aren't tall but I will put Arkansas riding up against any state. Great roads anywhere you turn once you get north of I40. Also the ride up thru OK from Talihina to Ft Smith is a hoot

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Back home now and the most exciting part of my mini tour was when the bee went down my neck. I got the initial sting on my neck and then it went down my shirt. Seems like ti took about 10 miles to get pulled over and stopped, dismount, remove helmet, gloves, riding suit and shirt.

On day 1 I got off an hour before the crack of noon (like Phil) but only after getting up an hour before sunrise to take care of the big mess I made over the weekend. I decided at the last minute to head north because I thought the fall colors would be better up there. They were only slightly better but the riding was excellent (after I got past Duluth). Here are fall colors at home.
83212CFF-7D9F-44E8-BDC5-AC4E6D6F2D6F.jpeg

Good weather and good low traffic roads (MN 2) were a joy. I planned to stay in one of the remote USFS campgrounds om northern MN. I found they were closed. But the big campgrounds were open so I stayed near Ely at the camp in the photo in the post above.
573CDB43-4A0F-4C19-A01F-3FB3C8C1FB51.jpeg

On day 2 I went south on MN 1 and the road was even better. I met about 1 car every 10 miles. Back on the North Shore I planned to play tourist and stop at the popular spots going west. The first two were really crowned so I kept going.

I did take a couple pictures along Lake Superior like a good tourist should. FEF9C85C-D33C-4E82-89ED-4659D82CD71D.jpeg
My final stop was at the Richard I Bong Memorial. He was a very famous WW II pilot who flew a P38 and shot down a record number of enemy aircraft. The museum was very well done and had everything form his P38 to his clarinet and his hunting rifle from is boyhood. It was the only place that wasn't crowded.

Top Bottom