Handle bar center heats up & hot 🥵

Avi

Hi.

After a ride, I notice that my handle bar heats up.

Any one has this experience why?

Thanks

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Hmmm.... I've never noticed that, but I've got a big tank bag and a GPS mounted on a RAM mount that attached to the handlebar clamp, so I don't know if I've tried to touch the center of the handlebar.NT dash 3.JPG

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
That's where the flux capacitor is mounted. Excessive use of the traffic phaser can cause localized heating in that area.

😉

Mike

Bike
2010 Red NT700
There's a tremendous amount of heat under that tupperware. Up thru the triple tree is one of the only escape routes the engine and radiator has for heat once you come to a stop.
In the winter i stuff my gloves down in there when i take them off to warm them up

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Yes, heat does rise from that open area around the top of the forks when you stop but I can't imagine it would make the handlebars "hot."

Last edited:
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I have a Thermometer ( came with a clock ), on the handlebar bracket. It is never much different from the air temperatures.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I like Miairhead's suggestion of heat being turbo heat. :cool: That's way cooler. Or should I say, "Way hotter?" 🤔

OP
OP
Avi

Avi

I will have to monitor it again.
Thanks for the loads of suggestions and ponder.
Hope this Pandemic goes away and I get to ride soon. I want to do some wrapping up of the plastics this season with 3M quality wrapping paper

Top Bottom