Has anyone bought a Bilt Techno Evolution Modular helmet?

I am in the market for a communication system and saw this one by Bilt. Has anyone used it? The reviews on line are all across the board.

Bike
2009 BMW R1200RT
I don't know anything about the Bilt products.
I have a Scorpion EXO-500 and a Sena 10s I like them both, even though the helmet is only average on the quietness scale.
I can't hear the Sena perfectly with ear plugs, but I can at least notice the GPS.
They seem to be closing out the helmets all over. Bought a size small to have as a spare, for $36.
Once you have a flip down sun visor you'll never be without one...

OP
OP
Cnille
I've bought stuff from CycleGear before and was satisfied. I even bought a helmet that I use regularly. I was asking about them because I wanted to know if you can hear your GPS while you were wearing earplugs.

OP
OP
Cnille
Personally, I wouldn't go the Bilt route of a built-in Bluetooth headset. If you drop your helmet, you've now lost the BT capability. If the BT headset dies...well, now you need to replace your helmet.

You do need to make sure your GPS unit or phone app will communicate with the Bluetooth device you're using. Not all standalone GPS units will talk to a Bluetooth headset. Sometimes the only Bluetooth link from a GPS is to your phone to make calls...not to pass on directions so you can hear them.

Chris
Thanks Chris, I'll take that into consideration before I make my choice.

Top Bottom