Headed to Key West next Tuesday for the sailboat races

Bike
2011 NT700v
There are only three things to do in Key West, eat, drink and fish. I'm going to take my NT and eat my way to Key West if anyone wants to have lunch. I'll be in Marathon about Noon. After I get settled in Key West, I'll probably drink a bit too, sailors have a tendency for demon rum.

Here's the race (heads up Sailariel) http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/Quantum-Key-West-2013---Fierce-battles-at-hand-in-sunshine-state/105605

Total trip will be around 600 miles, maybe a little more.
Should be fun.

fltsfshr

OP
OP
fltsfshr
Bike
2011 NT700v
Nope I sold my sailboat. Only one I have now is my flats boat.
I'm just going to watch and enjoy the parties. No fishing rod either.

It's a bike trip.

fltsfshr

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wouldn't mind watching those races. Used to sail some. Only raced a little bit and never got to do any one-design racing. We used the Portsmouth handicapping system to race on Lake Conroe, north of Houston. I had the world's highest Portsmouth number. If I wasn't the last boat across the line, I usually did fairly well.

OP
OP
fltsfshr
Bike
2011 NT700v
Phil If you leave now......... :)

They come in somewhat close on the Atlantic side. The best views are from a beach bar or a balcony.
There's some really hard core salty boats and crew that show up for it.
Other than them, everyone else is there for the party. It's a small island.

The overseas highway is as close as anyone down here can come to a really scenic drive . I'm looking forward to the bike ride. I'll take my camera and shoot some gratuitous scoot pics.

fltsfshr

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rick and I'll be there sometime late August / early September this coming summer (we like to plan our rides so that we enjoy the best climate:doh1:) as we finish the 2nd leg of the Four Corners Tour.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Hmmmm.....my cousin once removed is sailing down there somewhere trying to make the Olympic team but I dont think it is in Key West....but the weather sounds great!
There are only three things to do in Key West, eat, drink and fish. I'm going to take my NT and eat my way to Key West if anyone wants to have lunch. I'll be in Marathon about Noon. After I get settled in Key West, I'll probably drink a bit too, sailors have a tendency for demon rum.

Here's the race (heads up Sailariel) http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/Quantum-Key-West-2013---Fierce-battles-at-hand-in-sunshine-state/105605

Total trip will be around 600 miles, maybe a little more.
Should be fun.

fltsfshr

Top Bottom