Heading South

I also put an Angel GT on the rear of my NT about a month ago after the original OEM tyre reached its wear limit.

So far I am very happy with it.

Seagrass

First two days the Pirelli are great. But l usually like all new tires. I'll post a final evaluation on the T30s after I get home.

Made it home Friday night after 13 days on the road.
I'll post a ride summary WITH PICTURES after I get back from an archery tournament theis weekend.
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to post pictures on here from my phone while I was on the trip.

Jim, glad you made it home. We await your pix with bated breath! :)

This was a two-week trip to the Gulf Coast and to visit friends along the way.
First day was perfect weather and I rode to SW WI and camped at a great campground (with a chapple, Phil) (photo 1). Then was the dreaded trip through IL. Ir rained hard mostly while I was stopped for breakfast (photo 2). Then in Paris TN I was the first one to Ferry STOC, but I was a day or so early and never met anyone. Photo 3 is the dining hall at Ferry STOC, Paris Landing State Park. Then I started down the Natchez Trace and came to a closure that detoured me to another detour, but at least it wasn't raining then.

Three days in I visited a freind in NW AL who has my same name. Interesting detail will come at Spearfish. Then it was on to Gulf Shores State Park. That was crowded and awful. It took 3 hours to go from I-10 to Gulf Shores and back, because the campgrounds were all full. Thence westward to Ocean Springs MS and a better campground, and some fresh seafood. I had to be told what I was eating by the waitress. Beloxi and Gulfport were much better (pictures 4&5). Another stop in Natchez MS (Photo 6) and on the road north again.

I experienced rapid tire wear and called ahead to arrange for a new rear tire in Little Rock. Richards Power Sports provided good service there. The new tire made AR 19 much more enjoyable (photo 7). I had a great visit with "NooBiker" from the form before my last day. Finally on the way home I "scratched another itch" and test rode a BMW R1200GS. Great bike, with wonderful handeling and power, but the NT is more comfortable and it gave me a great ride home.

OK, so I can only post 5 pictures - the other two are on the next post.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 25
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 26
Last two photos.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 25
OK - so the computer scrambled the photos I uploaded in order. You will just have to figure it out yourself. My only computer skill is operating the "off" button.

Jim, they're good pictures, even if they're scrambled. I figured them all out except (maybe) the one on the far right in post #25 and the one on the left in #26. Are they the same place? I'm guessing that they are and that they're in Natchez.

BTW, I want to congratulate Jim in front of the whole Forum for his indisputable skill in turning computers off. :rofl1:

Jim, they're good pictures, even if they're scrambled. I figured them all out except (maybe) the one on the far right in post #25 and the one on the left in #26. Are they the same place? I'm guessing that they are and that they're in Natchez.

Can't help you Phil. The photos display vertically on my screen so I can't tell your right from your left.

Back
Top Bottom