Hello and question about buying a nt700va

I am looking to buy a 2010 nt700va. It has over 75k miles, looks like the owner cared for it. And it comes with the shop manual. Is there any maintenance at this mileage that I should consider?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If the previous owner could provide you with a maintenance history, that would be helpful. Here is a quick rundown of the maintenance schedule that I pretty much follow..

Oil and filter change 7K miles
Spark plugs (Iridium) 30K miles
Valve clearance 30K miles
Coolant Replacement two years
Brake fluid flush two years
Final drive fluid change every other oil change
Air filter 30K miles (if you have a dusty environment, more frequently)

I currently have almost 140K on the bike so if your NT has 75K, there are LOTS of miles left.

Welcome to the forum!

Mike

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
If the previous owner could provide you with a maintenance history, that would be helpful. Here is a quick rundown of the maintenance schedule that I pretty much follow..

Oil and filter change 7K miles
Spark plugs (Iridium) 30K miles
Valve clearance 30K miles
Coolant Replacement two years
Brake fluid flush two years
Final drive fluid change every other oil change
Air filter 30K miles (if you have a dusty environment, more frequently)

I currently have almost 140K on the bike so if your NT has 75K, there are LOTS of miles left.

Welcome to the forum!

Mike
Agree with Mike and on the fork maintenance, mine has only gotten fluid changed twice and I will be changing it again real soon as I now have 91,000 on the bike and it's working great ! At that mileage, do inspect those rubber bushings at the next rear tire change. Mine required changing at I believe 83 thousand. They were just a wee bit slopping. You should always check wheel bearings at every tire change. I even carefully remove the seal on the bearings and make sure lube is good in them when changing tires. I replaced the bearings on the rear wheel at the same time I did the bushings because I just didn't think they were as smooth as they should be.

Welcome to the forum and don't worry much about the mileage. Several on the forum have put over 200K on the NT with minimal repairs and just normal maintenance.

OP
OP
Thank you so much for all this advice. Will Honda dealerships still do the maintenance on these bikes? I can do the oil and breaks but the other stuff...

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Will Honda dealerships still do the maintenance on these bikes?
I suggest you call your local dealer and ask. There are dealers who will not work on bikes over ten years olds. This is due to ageing plastic parts easily breaking during disassembly / reassembly while performing the service.

Top Bottom