[Review] Helmet Guardian

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I would like to report a product that absolutely, positively works. About $50 bought me an elegantly simple flat bar of metal with a heavy duty helmet lock on each end. Removed license plate and frame. Put red reflector screws thru bottom holes in frame and plate and tightened very tight. Used (2) supplied allen-head tamper proof stainless screws thru top holes in frame/plate/helmet guardian flat plate and thru slots in fender. Used supplied stainless washers on outside of plate and inside of fender. Tightened supplied stainless/nylon locking nuts securely and I was done. 15 min. max. 2 keys supplied, but one key works both locks. My wife rides with me 75% of the time during warmer weather and finding a safe place to put two modular Shoei's was straining my brain. This device is built like a vault and quick and dirt simple to operate. As soon as we are off the bike I hand my wife the keys and she is unlocking both sides while I remove my helmet. Both helmets are instantly locked and we use another key to get in the top box to primp, store gloves, put on caps, drink water, etc. I really like the fact that the Guardian leaves the top box free to do its job which is to bring home all kinds of stuff that you find while gallavanting all over God's green earth. I am going to make a vinyl cover for the 2 hanging helmets. This will keep them dry in case of rain and keep their value unknown. Money Well Spent. :wink:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Thanks for a good review, 'buster. I've thought about getting one of those. Maybe I will take the step.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Sounds similar to a mod I did on my Concours. Moved the original locks to a piece of steel that wrapped to the back where it was much more accessible than original location behind the side cases. Made it very handy when bags were full.

Brad

Nicole

Thank you for the review. I might look into getting something like that down the road.

YKnot

I am looking at this as well. My wife and I are not happy with the OEM helmet lock situation. We can fit one of our full face helmets in the top box - not both.

2007 Suzuki GS500 "B!@ch" (was bought second hand and always complaining) - sold
Nicole, I was laughing hysterically at your signature... My last bike was a 1996 GS500E - repainted, rebuilt carbuerartors (8 TIMES), replaced chain, replaced brakes, replaced tires, replaced speedo cable, and replaced all wheel bearings. Never ran longer than 1 week without issues.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I had the opposite experience with my 2007 GS500F. Rode it 15,000 miles with nothing other than routine maintenance (not counting getting hit from behind at an intersection). Still had the original chain when I sold it. I never changed it from stock and it was dealer maintained. Good learning bike but not suitable for 500+ mile days.

YKnot

I had the opposite experience with my 2007 GS500F. Rode it 15,000 miles with nothing other than routine maintenance (not counting getting hit from behind at an intersection). Still had the original chain when I sold it. I never changed it from stock and it was dealer maintained. Good learning bike but not suitable for 500+ mile days.
I think the problematic ones were the second-hand + non-maintained bikes. On those bikes, one problem would just lead to another and another.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I think the problematic ones were the second-hand + non-maintained bikes. On those bikes, one problem would just lead to another and another.
Very probable. While I got mone used, it was a year old and had only 400 miles on it. It really was like a new bike.

Bpaz

'Buster - it never happened without pictures! Can you share a few :)

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Bpaz- I have never tried posting photos. Go to Twisted Throttle. They have 3 very good ones that you can enlarge. When my wife and I walk away from Silver Girl I feel great knowing the only way our Shoeis are going anywhere is if someone cuts the straps. If we are going to be away from the bike for very long I carry 2 black plastic garbage bags. I put one over each helmet and pull the drawstring tight. Keeps rain off and totally hides the identity of what is hanging back there. Only takes a minute to lock and cover both helmets. "An ounce of prevention". Thanks.

Top Bottom