Helmet LED Lights

tawilke46

Came across these helmet mounted LED light strips. Looks to be a good idea since the rider's helmet is at the highest point on a motorcycle. I was wondering about the light reflection on windshield and other surfaces being a distraction.
Might be worth investigating.

https://www.lumenflex.com/lightrider/

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I'd put more lights on the bike before I'd use those. I already have a pair of trailer lights on the back and a set of aux lights in the front. If anything I'd put one of those light strips on the side of the fairing or the bags.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I've got about 20 or 30ft of reflective tape on helmet and various parts of the bike. White toward front amber on sides at front and red at rear, in addition to the lights.

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
In some states like Maryland here it may likely be cited as illegal because it projects light outward - even if it is part of the rider and not part of the bike. I tried to get a mild wheel lighting system approved by the Maryland State Police and they rejected it - even though it was "glow tape" on the wheels. Your mileage will vary per state, sometimes per municipality. When it comes to devices that we think are great, and trying to use them on technicalities - judges and state police will often err on the side of it being a distraction. Which is tragically ironic because what is a bigger distraction - in car radios, cell phones, text message and phone calls - or a rider with a few lights?

Top Bottom