Hinged seat for NT700V?

JoshR

Do any of the aftermarket seats offer a hinge mounting, so you don't have to remove the seat entirely to use the helmet hanger?

When it's windy, that seat just wants to fly away.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Josh,

I haven't seen any seats with a hinge for the NT. I know the Corbin doesn't have one...but as heavy as it is flight is not an option in anything short of a F-1 tornado!

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I just use a small padlock and put the helmet thingy around one of the grab bars. If I have my FF with me I have a cable lock that I put around the chinbar and lock to a grab bar.

The only time I remove the seat is if I decide to use the "U" lock that is stored under there.

briankay

I found that removing the seat and then using the hanger is a royal pain. Not to mention, my helmet seems to impede the key hole and is relatively tight up against the side. I have to put my hand through the visor opening to work the key. I think a cable lock, as Charlie pointed out, is probably a good alternative. Or do what the Harley guys do and just hang the helmet off the handle bars for anyone to knock off or take. Because it's cool to do that...you never see anyone on a harley with a FF helmet, why?

bicyclist

...you never see anyone on a harley with a FF helmet, why?
It's part of the culture. Back in the day, my riding partner had a front blowout and went over the handlebars. He ground down a couple of front teeth, his nose and some other stuff. He graduated to a full face helmet. Years later, after a motorcycling hiatus, he bought a Harley. Now he rides around wearing an open face helmet and he's the first to admit that he's torn between the Harley culture and what he knows is right when he rides with me.

Back to the thread topic, I carry a chain dog collar and a firearms lock that I got for free. They're just long enough to allow my helmet to sit right side up on the seat and short enough to keep it from hitting the ground if it gets knocked over.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
...you never see anyone on a harley with a FF helmet, why?
Why? With some folks it is all about their "image". But don't ever say "never". :) I wore a Shoei full face when I had my H-D. I was definitely in the .01% minority though...

If I leave my helmet on the bike I usually set it on the tank and secure it to the handlebar clamp with a cable lock that is branded Beretta in bright, bold, Yellow letters. I consider the Beretta logo to be free additional "passive" security... :)

ken45

Yes, we finally found a use for all those firearm cable locks, LOL.

Ken

Bob

same here. if my topbox is full I cable lock the helmet to both passanger grab bars so it sits upright on the passenger seat. I found a small cable lock with a four letter combination that fits easily in either of the NT's front pockets.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I carry a chain dog collar and a firearms lock that I got for free
I too have used a chain dog collar as an extension for a lock. On my old Connie I moved the helmet locks to the rear by the liscense plate and used the chain so the helmets could sit on the seat. They work good and come in different lengths.

Brad

Top Bottom