hit the rev limiter passing on a 2 lane - scared me to death!

LOL - riding with a group of riders who ride hotter bikes and faster than I normally do. I was keeping up fine but my revs were up, and I was in a gear too low - to increase my acceleration out of switchbacks. In mid-pass - as I was just even with the drivers window of the car beside me - and bam - hit the rev limiter. Not good! And startled me at a point I didn't want to be startled!

could have used that extra 20 hp you guys keep talking about on that ride!

Having said that - I do think the NT can keep up in a spirited ride OK. Would certainly not mind more horsepower - but find the rest of the bike's amenities hard to think of replacing in a new ride.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It is definitely not a soft rev limiter is it? My Connie would hit the rev limiter at 10,500rpm and then just kind of bumble along right there. The NT's knocks you back down all at once!

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I have not hit that sweet peak yet, I may ride faster and fierce, but I keep my engine safe without hitting rev limit. after all... I need the most miles out of my NT. too many already

Last edited:
OP
OP
To be honest - the main problem was that my cornering was not as quick as theirs - I needed to hustle to keep up on the straights.... And yes, a bit too fast!

Not a soft rev limiter for sure.

Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Hitting the limiter gets easier with practice!
tee hee
I hit it a lot on group rides too.... keeping up with Zook bandits and CBR's is like being that little dog that chases cars....its fun.
"Squirrell?"
Dug the dog from "UP"

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It's like the kill button got hit by mistake. Things slow down very quickly.

Top Bottom