Hjc rps-10

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
I've always gone moderately cheap on helmets- HJC CL-SP is about as fancy as I've gone. But I discovered that I have a "long oval" shaped head in a medium size and have often felt pinched in the forehead with regular oval medium helmets. Wanting to be comfortable on the coming trip, thought about the Arai Profile which is pitched to my head shape but way too rich for my taste. I stayed with HJC but moved up the line to their RPS-10 which was recommended for "long oval" heads.

Wow, not only no pinched feeling after a fairly long ride out east, but real ventilation! I don't think I've ever really experienced noticable ventilation on my previous cheapies. Worth the extra money. Like the helmet. Plus my grand kids think I look like a Star Wars Storm Troopers in my silver version pictured below. I guess that's good.

Nicole

Herb,

Does it have the flip down sun visor thing in it?

Nicole

OP
OP
Herb
Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Herb,

Does it have the flip down sun visor thing in it?

Nicole
No, I prefer keeping things simple and carry a pair of sun glasses on my bike that aren't too hard to put on. The flip down visor just seems like more more thing to break and cause problems.

OP
OP
Herb
Bike
2010 Red NT 700
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-rps-10-solid-helmet?gclid=CLKtmLrAkbACFYeo4Aodi27FqQ
Ones with the internal sun shields are IS or SY MAX labeled. There are a number of different shell shapes out there and the level of comfort you get from something that fits YOU right is well worth the time to hunt down.

Nice lid Herb.
I was not aware of 'long oval' option until I heard the Arai helmet expert speak at the Motorcycle Convention in NYC last Jan. I spoke to him about my pinched forehead. He measured me which clearly showed me to be a medium but pointed out that I was a 'long oval' narrow, elongated head and that Arai made the Profile for just this profile. The Arai was too pricey so I asked the HJC guy at the Convention what helmet of theirs would fit my profile and he mentioned the RPS-10. BTW, I got if for significantly less than the price listed on Karl's Revzilla site. Yes, find out about your particular head shape, not just size and find a helmet that really fits. Very nice, indeed.

Do I dare tell people that I sanded a bit of styrofoam off my CL-SP to make it more comfortable? I know... a sin. But now I'm saved.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Do I dare tell people that I sanded a bit of styrofoam off my CL-SP to make it more comfortable? I know... a sin. But now I'm saved.
Sounds like a good plan to me. I sanded down the cheek pads to one of my Shoei helmets for a better fit...

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My N90 has the drop down tinted visor but I only use it in emergencies. Between my glasses, the drop down visor, the helmet face shield and the wind screen its just too may things to look through that get distorted and all the edges drive me crazy. In particular the nose cut out in the drop down sun visor tends to distract me. It needs to be smaller so its not so noticeable. This is a common complaint on many helmets that have the drop down sun visors.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Helmet sizing is really strange. My Nolan N-102 is a Medium, the N-103 is a Large, the N-104 is an XL. Very confusing. I would have considered buying a new 104, but they did not have School Bus Yellow in my size. Wil probably go on line for one now that I know the sizes.

Nicole

I have an older (3-4years now) HJC IS-16's I love the built in sun visor. Those that have ridden with me in the past have all experienced the "top of head tap" that happens after the sun goes down and we are still on the road. I generally get a "what the h@!!" when we stop again and then have to explain that I was retracting the sun visor.

the IS-16 that I have has a spring loaded one, your slide a lever on the top of the helmet to bring it down and then push or tap a button to get it to retract.

Top Bottom