Honda Africa Twin?

Saw a thing over the weekend that mentioned the possibility of a new Africa Twin , believe they said 440 lb wet , 1000 cc , 100 hp parallel twin and much more dirt oriented than common " Adventure " bikes . Honda should definitely build this bike and bring it to the U.S. . Would help Honda grab some of the market share lost to BMW , Triumph , Yamaha , KTM etc . The bike I'd really like to see come here is the current Crosstourer sold in other countries , not U.S. . Just put factory cruise control and heated grips on it , bring it to my local Honda dealer and I'll buy one in a heartbeat .

Oh Yeah -- Nice Bike , "Africa Twin" .. so cool , this is the guy- Kevin Duke who I saw on a wander into Ali Ba Ba . He was on his first trade show in China - very interesting, he seemed surprised by the scene , volume and all. I found an article there describing the four or five major chinese engine manufacturers and which brands they build for. That was fascinating , showing how the oldest, largest gov't / private owned got aligned with Honda , and another which grew faster than a mushroom to be a giant, aligned with Kawasaki and BMW etc.. wish I could find that article again to share it. The supplier companies are probably much bigger than you might imagine. It's a wonderous jungle of factories out there making cool bikes for every boy and girl -- :)

Back
Top Bottom