Honda CTX700 Review and Testdrive

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Got to take one of these out for a ride at a party yesterday. http://powersports.honda.com/2014/ctx700.aspx The owner is an experienced rider that has ridden Harleys and Goldwings and the like. He was taking some stick from some of the crowd about it. It was all dolled up with tall screen and bags with ABS and the DCT.

I would agree with everything the reviewer in the video said. It looks much better when you are on it riding than standing next to it and looking at it. I can live with that. What I was most curious about was the DCT. Got on fired it up and rode off in a nice quiet residential neighborhood. Feet hunted a bit for the pegs and not having a lever on the left was odd as well. The first stop sign was a revelation as the box seamlessly shifted down. Feet found the pegs now and off we went with the transmission selecting the right gear every time.

More than impressed with the gearbox and had thought it would spoil the bike. You can hear it working more than feel it it is so smooth. His comment about the expert shifting for you was spot on and it surprised me. The next ride was shotgun in a Carrera 4S with PDK and I am now firmly sold on automated manuals. Yes I had fun at the party.

KMGuy

I read several reviews on this bike they all said the same thing, "We wanted to hate it but we couldn't". And they all liked the DCT as well. I do like the looks of the bike, especially the pearl white, but the seating position is all wrong for me.

tawilke46

I just wish it had a full fairing instead of that half fairing, better cornering clearance, an adjustable windshield, shaft drive and built-in luggage.
Chris
Sounds just like an NT! All we need to add would be the DCT tranny!

Top Bottom