Honda Responds to The Kawasaki H2R

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It looks like Honda couldn't resist Kawasaki's challenge with the H2R and is now coming out with a street legal version of Marc Marquez's race bike as the RC213V-S. The US version will be de-tuned to 101HP compared to 215HP for the European version. I highly doubt if anyone who can afford one of these will have any problem bringing in the Euro parts to get it over 200HP.... See Here. It looks like the simmering superbike war has went hot...

What a joke. $185K for a 100 Hp sport bike. Get real. The 2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF is also a V4 puts out 201 HP and will only cost you $22K.

Last edited:
And you can get the new Kawasaki H2 street version with 200hp for $25,000. Way less than $184,000.
Shoot for a mere $50,000 get the Kawasaki H2R with 300hp.

Not a practical response by Honda......,

IMO, these high hp performance bikes belong on the track, not on the street.

Last edited:
6 tickets in 3 weeks ? He must be a slow learner or has impulse control issues. He should probably buy a bicycle. Some of those scooters rides can put it all on the line at 35 mph :)

The 100hp version is for the US and you can buy the parts to get it back up to almost race spec. I'd bet not many are sold in the US without that kit.

I suspect these will be collectors bikes. They know that any joe shmo who goes out and flogs one will either go to jail or crash it. Hence, the number that survive will be few. And in 30 yrs the only ones worth any money will have double or triple digit miles on them and no scratches. :)

I believe the article is misleading, the version coming is not $180K, but a much less robust version for the USA, Seems Americans are sissies, and can not take the full version.

"Honda has not said how many RC213V-S bikes it will sell in the U.S. or elsewhere, though one Honda executive said he expected the number to be less than 250 units a year."

At $184K each, that is no surprise.

Certainly isn't a bike for every one. It is sort of like American Pharoh is a great horse, but I couldn't ride him even if they let me try.
Same with a 200+ hp motorcycle.

Comparing the specs, methinks the Green Machine has nuthin' to fear. Honda should have taken the money spent on the race bike and developed a new mid-range sport touring bike for us old farts.

Mike

Seems this is more close to the "production" class version (RC213V-RS) than Honda's Factory RC213V MotoGP entry. Hayden, Abrams, Miller, and Laverty are currently riding (normal manual tranny, spring valves, etc) the RC213V-RS and it is a far cry from the one that MM93 and DP26 are riding.

I recall Honda hinting at providing a street version or their MotoGP bike about 2-3 years ago so I don't know how much of this release is a direct result to compete against Kawi and Ducati verses a natural outcome of Dorna's push to have "affordable" satellite options from the Factories in MotoGP several years ago.

Besides, Honda DOES need a "production" homologated bike to better compete in WSBK. Yamaha has really moved the bar with the new R1.

Back
Top Bottom