Honda Service Tool P/N 07AAK-KHZA100

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Considering that tropical wood* plantations and import of such products is highly criticized by nature preserving groups, pretty weird to offer those as tool for those "planet saving" EV's... ;)
At least the pressure treatment is up to conformity (ISO 21887:2007)

*always wondered how they use such like cheap spruce, like enforcing disposable cardboard packaging with mahogany and such...

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I can understand Honda's making theses available, but some Dealers will still find their own (cheaper) substitutes and could possibly damage the batteries during removal.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The gantry crane we used at work to swap batteries in the motive equipment was rated for two tons. The spreader bar was made out of wood. Oak specifically. Having a nonconductive material there made sense to me. You could stick weld with one of those batteries for about an hour.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I can understand Honda's making theses available, but some Dealers will still find their own (cheaper) substitutes and could possibly damage the batteries during removal.
Tosh, if Honda is like most other manufacturers, if your are selling their products, special service tools are mandatory as part of your dealer agreement. About a month or two before the new models arrive, they send you a note advising you of your purchase of the special tools and the amount due that will be automatically charged to your parts account, due net 30. If it's a large amount and you are a low planning volume dealer, they will usually allow you to break up the cost over several monthly payments interest free but you must sign and agreement to that effect prior to the shipment. This was the procedure back in the good old days, things may have changed.

Mike

Top Bottom