Honda Top Case

hubba730

I just finished putting on my Honda Top Case. Picked it up today. Wasn't very difficult, just a little time consuming figuring out the gazillion parts that needed to be put together. Missing one of the rubber washers for the padded back rest. Gonna look at hardware store for one. Thought for the money that the Hondaline one would have been a little better quality. Oh well, we'll see how it holds up. Need the liner bag now...$$$

snip.. Thought for the money that the Hondaline one would have been a little better quality. Oh well, we'll see how it holds up. Need the liner bag now...$$$

My sentiments exactly.

I believe, though, that the case is made by Givi.

Take a look at the Addmore lighting kit for the box. It is a very good add on.

Does any one have a picture of the mounting platform and mounting plate for the factory box. Looking at what needs to be purchased, you buy the part that attaches to the rear platform, then the adaptor attaches to it, and then the Honda box attaches to the adaptor. Do I have this correct, or am I off in left field?

I have a SW Motech Ala-Rack and the quick mount soft luggage carrier on my bike. I wondered if the Honda mount is the same design as what I currently have. I know I can buy the SW Motech Givi adapter plate and use a Givi top box, but would it be possible to mount the Honda box on the SW Motech quick turn mount rack that I have, or would I have to use all the factory Honda stuff if I wanted the Honda box? Or would it just be more practical to just buy the SW Motech adapter plate and a Givi Box.

You have it right, three seperate parts (and lots of little pieces) Bike Bandit has a great scematic showing all the parts and part numbers. Especially for the bits you either drop into the bike never to be seen again or dropped on the floor to be kicked ......? Not that I have done either:rofl1:

You have it right, three seperate parts (and lots of little pieces) Bike Bandit has a great scematic showing all the parts and part numbers. Especially for the bits you either drop into the bike never to be seen again or dropped on the floor to be kicked ......? Not that I have done either:rofl1:

Don't forget about all the left over parts you end up with even when you mount it correctly.

Just finished installing the Givi E52NA an hour ago. The Givi adapter for the NT700 is part number E221. You need to drill two holes in the tail cover to do the install but this kit is just for our bikes and eveything was there that was needed. The kit includes numerous parts that I laid out and numbered to match the accompanying instruction. If you go this route take wide painters tape and cover all holes under the tail cover. You will drop something in there. I know as a spacer I dropped and could not find is floating some where under the seat. My NT is silver. This silver and black Givi top case looks great on the bike. I installed the Givi backrest and my wife is happy. I would attach a photo to this if I knew how. I went with the E52 top box as it holds two modular helmets that are a bit wider than two full face helmets. Wayne

Got my eyes on the addmore lighting kit already... Adding things here and there slowly so that I don't alert (anger) the wife via bank statements.

Honda Top Case .... colour of bike and case do not match.

I'am a newbie here and not up on how to post.
Like to warn other members about ordering a top box on-line.
When I got it .... first thought was .... it's lighter red then my bike.
No way it's Honda it must be right ..... and installed in my garage as had been raining for days. Still thinking it's a light colour must be the lighing in the garage.
When it stop raining and got it outside .... "It is a lighter red!!"
Have no problem with the company I bought it from.
They was willing to take it back, but would not pay for shipping, and would not send me another, as may be the same color difference.
I ordered another one from a (USA) dealer closer to home (Canada).
Would not buy it if it didn't match my bike.
They was ok with that, but would have to pay a re-stock fee ($50), as it was an ordered item and had to be returned.
Did the full day round trip to find it not much better then the one I had.
With duty and taxes paid + shipping was not worth sending it back.
Honda USA said there could be a colour difference ether way.
Bottom Line check the colour match to your bike before you buy.
Will try to attach a picture ....
Side bags & Top Box.jpg
So .... What do you think .... a good colour match??

This is why my Givis are all matte black. Never a color match issue, and they'll match my next bike too.

Back
Top Bottom