How about some rear case pics?

lcseds

I can't decide on a rear case (top box). I'm sure there are others wondering what looks best to them also. So maybe those with rear cases can post some pics from the rear of the bike straight on (preferably on the center stand), and from the side. Give those that are thinking about a case an idea of the different sizes relative to the panniers/passenger seat/side profile. Maybe these can be combined into a top box gallery collection or a thread sticky.
Thanks!

NCpkwyrider1

I have the Honda rear case which I ordered with the bike. The color match is perfect, it's beautifully designed, and well worth the money!

elizilla

Here are two different Givi cases. Note they are all shown on my specially designed rack that sets them farther forward, partially over the passenger seat. If you had the standard Givi rack they would sit farther back.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

lcseds

Here are two different Givi cases. Note they are all shown on my specially designed rack that sets them farther forward, partially over the passenger seat. If you had the standard Givi rack they would sit farther back.
Great pics. Thanks! What aftermarket saddle is that pictured?

NCpkwyrider1

I was gonna post a picture of my bike with the rear case but I don't see an icon to add a pic file from my hard drive. Can someone please help?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
In the next post below this is the step-by-step directions that I wrote as I figured this out.

Here is my CooCase:

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It's complicated, but doable.

1. Under the box for your post, click "Go Advanced."
2. A new window will open with the way your post looks right then, signature and all. Under it is a box for editing, with the text you have entered to that point. Scroll down until you see, in "Additional Options," the tab to "Manage Attachments." Click that.
3. Then you will see the new improved simplified picture uploader deal that Mellow must have added in the last 24-48 hours.
4. In it, there are boxes for you to enter links, and next to each of those is a "browse" function.
5. Apparently, you can upload up five pictures at a time.
6. When you have done that, and they all show up as "current attachments," hold your breath and click the "close this window" tab.
7. You will be directed to the "Manage Attachments" tab and will see your link in a grey box.
8. Then scroll down and click "Submit Reply."
9. Then your post will be posted, and you can gaze in wonder (as I just did) at the magnificence of your computer skills.

Probably a better way to post is the way Igo, for instance, does, where if I understand, he uses an online photo service like Shutterfly or Photobucket, and then inserts links into his posts. We'll have to ask him how he does it later this afternoon when he posts his magnificent pix of the ride he and Falcon are taking to Death Valley.

Last edited:
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Here are some shots of my Give E-360 in Matt Black. I got Matt Black so as to be able to move the box from bike to bike between my 4 bikes. Also I wanted a lower profile than the 45 or 55 models. It will hold one ex-large HJC SyMax II Helmit, or a weeks worth of dirty laundry.:rolleyes:

Bike
Silver NT700V
Love the pictures.

For me the simpler way to post pictures is to embed ( is that the right term) from a photo host on line. Many use Photobucket. I use Tinypics (WWW.tinypic.com). Once you post your pictures to the host the process to include them in a post is simple>

1. Use the "go advanced" feature
2. Open your photo host in another tab or window
3. Above the editing box is a row of icons. Click the icon for "insert image"
4. Go to the photo host, right click the image you want, hit "properties" and copy the URL of the image and paste it between the two codes you got by clicking "insert image".

When you preview the post, you will see your photo embedded in the post.

Tinypic actually makes this easier by providing a copyable code you just copy and past to the post. They include the codes for you.

All of this is much easier to do than it is to describe.

The results look like this:

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/317ayp1.jpg

Good luck,

Chuck

Top Bottom