How high should I get???

NL7U

How high must the NT700 be raised up from floor level to get the rear wheel off without removing the muffler and plastic parts? *I know, I know, the muffler must be removed just to torque the axle nut and to make brake work easiet, but I am obstinate and want to try it anyway. *So, how high must it go? *Thanks.

Bike
2010 ABS Silver
I was able to do it recently with about 7 inches. The wheel shifts to the right off the spline and then goes down. From there I began angling the bottom to the left and rear and removed it. Good luck!

Mike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I was able to do mine with about four inches (two 2 x 6 sections) under the center stand. I pulled the shaft from the front mount, but I do not believe that is necessary. I had more trouble getting the front of the shaft back in place than I had re-mounting the wheel after the shaft was re-mounted. But the first time is always an educational experience.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I was able to do mine with about four inches (two 2 x 6 sections) under the center stand. I pulled the shaft from the front mount, but I do not believe that is necessary.
Not sure I understand what you did here. Are you talking axel, Drive shaft, Swing arm.???

Top Bottom