How to sell stuff online nowadays ?

ett

Back in January; specifically Martin Luther King Jr. Day; my perfectly running, very well maintained, always garage kept, no visible rust (other than the Winter wheels with snow tires), 2008 Ford Ranger was totaled by a hit-n-run driver.

Somewhat fortunately, since it was totaled mid Winter; it had the Winter wheels on it at the time.
Meaning the other set of no rust, containing new all-season tires, wheels were spared.
I was able to sell this set of wheels to the local salvage yard for a fair price.

I have other spare items; air filters, fuel filters, brake pads, brake shoes, thermostat, Extang tonneau cover, Husky liners, etc ... that I need to get rid of.
And much to my surprise. Selling items on Ebay is virtually impossible now. They want toooo much personal info AND access to your bank account.
I've tried posting on Craigs list. But that is pretty much useless. Too small of a geographical area for the listing be seen by anyone that might want these items.

Anyone have suggestions on how one might sell stuff online nowadays ?
Or other method to get rid of these items, other than simply throwing them in the garbage.

Thanks;
--ET

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've had good luck on Facebook Marketplace selling unwanted items. If there is a Ford Ranger owner's website, that might be the best place to try.

ps. I agree about EBay being way too complicated and loaded with fees.

Last edited:
Reactions: ett

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If you know of someone who has an active Ebay account, they may be willing to sell the items on consignment for you. Maybe do a Google search for an Ebay merchant.

Mike

Bike
KLR650, Red NT700V, YZFR3
Back in January; specifically Martin Luther King Jr. Day; my perfectly running, very well maintained, always garage kept, no visible rust (other than the Winter wheels with snow tires), 2008 Ford Ranger was totaled by a hit-n-run driver.

Somewhat fortunately, since it was totaled mid Winter; it had the Winter wheels on it at the time.
Meaning the other set of no rust, containing new all-season tires, wheels were spared.
I was able to sell this set of wheels to the local salvage yard for a fair price.

I have other spare items; air filters, fuel filters, brake pads, brake shoes, thermostat, Extang tonneau cover, Husky liners, etc ... that I need to get rid of.
And much to my surprise. Selling items on Ebay is virtually impossible now. They want toooo much personal info AND access to your bank account.
I've tried posting on Craigs list. But that is pretty much useless. Too small of a geographical area for the listing be seen by anyone that might want these items.

Anyone have suggestions on how one might sell stuff online nowadays ?
Or other method to get rid of these items, other than simply throwing them in the garbage.

Thanks;
--ET
How about Craigslist?

OP
OP
ett

ett

Thanks for the replies guys !
Looks like I'm gonna be throwing everything out.
Does not appear to be enough activity on Ford Ranger specific forums to warrant starting an account and trying to pawn/sell/give-for-free items as a new member. :confused:
Kinda sucks, because past experience of using Ebay; I believe I would have easily made like $150.
AND being a tightwad; I hate throwing out perfectly good items; especially NEW items. :p

Maybe I'll just drive around with the small items in my jeep for a while, and offer them for free to every nice looking 2008-2011 Ford Ranger I stumble across.
After all, I have seen a few REALLY nice ones in my area of travels.

Top Bottom