How to wire fog/driving lights

I am adding two LED lights for driving lights. I have the lights and a wireharness, I want the lights to go off when they key is off. Where would I tap in? And I have the service manual, so if there is a place I should look, let me know.

Thanks

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Does the wiring harness that came with the lights have a relay? If so, you will want to connect the coil of the relay to a switched source of power. Under the seat is an ideal location. In the rear under the seat are the taillamp wires that you can use for a switched source of power. The power to the contacts of the relay can be obtained from the battery itself. Please be sure to fuse the driving lamps appropriately. The switched source of power is already fused by the taillamp circuit. I'm assuming that the wiring harness also came with a switch so that you can switch the driving lamps independently of the headlamps.

Hope this helps!

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
By the way, I used the flat area under the seat that was designed to store the U-lock for my electrical add-ons. Here is an early photo with not all the wires hooked up but my accessory fuse panel + relay are in place.

accessory panel + relay.JPG

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
By the way, I used the flat area under the seat that was designed to store the U-lock for my electrical add-ons. Here is an early photo with not all the wires hooked up but my accessory fuse panel + relay are in place.

accessory panel + relay.JPG
Yup!, that's exactly where I have my Fuzebox and accessory wiring located as well. It was thoughtful of Honda to locate a flat mounting spot located so close to the battery and the wiring taps.

Mike

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
By the way, I used the flat area under the seat that was designed to store the U-lock for my electrical add-ons.
FWIW, the flat spot is actually the storage place for tool-kit pouch (held in place by a large O-ring slipped over the two tabs at the sides)
The U-lock was sold as OEM accessory and would also fit into the OEM top-case carrier plate...

Top Bottom