I Finally Got 'er Done; Believe It Or Don't....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
After having both of these systems in my hands for over 8 months, I installed a new Kisan ChargeGuard and a new Doran 360 Tire Pressure Monitor.

I'd had a ChargeGuard that I bought from Katherine and it worked for a long time, but somehow got water inside it and shorted out when I was riding in rain going down to Rocky Ford last winter. I like having voltage and temperature indications and even though there are other ways to do it, the ChargeGuard does it well.

The Doran Tire Pressure Monitor I bought from someone on the Forum (it may have been MAC) and the hardest part of installing it was programming the sensors.

It works, showing me that both tires needed air. I installed it on an unswitched circuit from my FuzeBlock so that I won't have to wait for the sensor to send a signal to the bike when I start it to ride. The sensors normally only transmit every 6 minutes, but if tire pressure goes down rapidly, they'll send a signal immediately.

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Excellent - I'm curious as to how much the tire pressure changes with temperature and after warming up after several minutes on the road. I'd be curious as to what you find.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Excellent - I'm curious as to how much the tire pressure changes with temperature and after warming up after several minutes on the road. I'd be curious as to what you find.
With my system, I notice a change in pressure on the rear tire in less than a mile, even in cold weather. The front tire takes several miles.

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yes, I would be interested in some figures....since tire pressure gages in general post the difference between atomospheric and tire pressure, I would like to know what you see as you go up in altitude....and on the flats as the day warms up....
I'll post some feedback about that, Gabe.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The thing I've noticed so far is that my front tire pressure seems to go up 2-3 pounds as I ride; rear 5-6 pounds. I didn't notice a difference when I was at 8,000 feet going into Estes Park yesterday, but the temperature had also gone down from nearly 60 at 5200 feet to 44F at 8,000.

Top Bottom