I learned a very cool thing about our top box today

I had my NT in for an oil change today. Yes I know, it is probably easy to do, but it's easier really for me to have the techs do it. Quick job and the tech for some reason tried to lock my top box and the lock was half in and half out, but very difficult to open and I was pushing and the whole box came off. I had assumed that the box was bolted to the rack, but not true. This box comes off easily if you push in the red part on the bottom half of the box and it 'clicks' back on. I was surprised to see I could easily carry this as a small suitcase if I wished. I will probably be doing exactly that on the next overnight. I never knew this was an option.

Terry

All of Givi's boxes do this (and they make the Honda topbox). So does my CooCase.

But I've learned that I don't want to carry the topbox in and out. I've been much happier with a duffle bag I bought from the Evil Empire (Wally-world) for $10-12. I keep "carry-into-the-hotel" stuff in it, and keep it, my Thermos, my Kindle and my netbook in the trunk.

Back
Top Bottom