I learned another life lesson!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Lucky you.
I’m guessing that that injury wasn’t sustained from reading the user manual. :rolleyes:
I hope you develop a better relationship with your new machine as your finger heals.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Are there any branch chippers where your fingers can't reach the blades?

Mike
You win the prize. I have a nice Troybilt CS 4325 I have used for 9 years where an orangatan couldnt reach the blades. Now it has issues and I would gladly have bought another for $1000 except they stopped makeing them. Next summer I will try to fix/replace the magnito or carb....cant decide which is the problem but it wont run on starting fluid. I do get a spark if I pull the plug and ground the threads and pull the starter....

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Being tired and operating power machinery has always been a recipe for disaster. o_O
So is muscle memory of feeding 100 trees into a chipper for 9 years where there is no way you could reach the blades

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
If it uses a fairly standard-form engine, you could just re-power it.
I thought about that. The old one leaks about half its oil in 25 min and wont run now. There is lots of wrenching to get to its innards I dont want to do in the winter. There are lots of engines in the brigs and stratton family that look like mine so I would have to find the right one but they are $500. Still an option.

Randall-in-Mpls

New Deauville owner!
Bike
2010 NT700V, 1978 CX500
I've got a tiller and snow blower like that. I picked up a Harbor Freight engine in their Black Friday sale that I hope will fit the blower.

Top Bottom