Info needed regarding large panniers

prof98801

A pickup truck backed into my NT and did some damage mainly on the left side of the bike. The pannier was really damaged and will not close now. Since I am going to have to get new panniers on both sides, I wanted to know where did those of you who have purchased the larger panniers get them? What was the price of each? Mirror and engine guard were also damaged. Not sure if any of the plastic below the tank needs replacing as I have not taken anything apart until the insurance guy inspects it.

Prof,

The large panniers come as a set. You can't buy just one. I've bought them from Honda of Bournemouth, UK (www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk). They cost something like 300 UKP and shipping is about 50 UKP. The cost in US dollars has ranged from right at $500-575, depending on the exchange rate. You will find them by looking on HoB's website under accessories, and may have to look at a different model year. It seems to me that my last silver panniers were listed as 2009 accessories.

They are more vulnerable because if you drop the bike, they'll hit at about the same time as the engine guard.

Engine guards are cheap, about $6.20; mirrors are about $40. If you buy 'em at the same time, you'll spend about $10 for shipping. If you get them from a local Honda dealer, you won't have to pay shipping, but you may wait a bit longer. Since my local dealer is 80 miles away, I usually buy from Bike Bandit or Revzilla.

Another UK dealer is Gordon Bisson LTD. See Here for a review and contact info...

They have an eBay auction going on right now Here. But that is for the significantly faster Silver, you will need to contact them for the slower :turtle: maroon...:rolleyes1: :smile:

Back
Top Bottom