Installing Additional Brake Light

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
When I installed Hyperlites on the NT I used Posi-taps at the base of bulbs. It is out of the way enough I couldn't see chasing the wires any further. Especially since Honda does a great job mummifying the wiring harnesses!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I've been happy with Posi-Taps and have pretty much quit soldering anything unless I'm making up a harness on my work table. Then I still use various Posi-Connectors to connect to the vehicle anyway...

I was looking around the Custom Dynamic and I think I'll be ordering a 21 LED unit for my Tour-Pak. That at near eye level ought to get some attention...

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Yes there is a 6 pin plug (see pic below) that connects the rear lights to the main wire harness. You can purchase a couple of 6 pin plugs (available at Eastern Beaver) and make your own harness that fits between the OEM plugs. Make your harness with a branch off of it that goes to your new fancy light and you'll have successfully added your new light WITHOUT splicing into the OEM harness. You can easily restore the bike to OEM by simply removing your harness.

This is how I do ALL of my mods. You can see in the below picture that I have done just what I described above. This little harness was used to trigger the PC-8 fuse block AND add Hyperlites AND the LED you just purchased.

I installed the lights on the license plate. The Hyperlites went on the bracket that they sell and then I cut down a piece of aluminum to mount the KnightRider light too. I included two waterproof connectors to allow me to disconnect the lights when removing the fender. Both the Hyperlites and the Knightrider lights are controlled via an adjustable LED strobing modulator that is velcroed to the under side of the rear deck cover. The Hyperlights are both running and brake while I reserved the Knightrider to brake only. VERY noticable setup! More pics of the install (and all other mods to the NT) on my photobucket site.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Nice install, between all the lights and Larry Buck's Tail Brights anyone who says they didn't see you from behind needs their vision thoroughly tested....

Top Bottom